Chapter 7

Kathryn’s POV

“James, be quiet.” But he kept babbling about how he was so sorry, and how he wanted me back. I was still so upset at Harry. Did he think that he owned me? I am my own person and I can make my own decisions. Why does he think that he is in charge of me and my decisions. “Kathryn, I looooooooooooovvvvveee you.” James slurred. I sighed, “Bring me hooommme Kathrynnnn.” James looked horrible. He eyes were red, and his hair was a mess. “James, I can’t leave you alone in your house. You’ll hurt yourself. I’m taking you back to my place. “ I told him. “Thank yoooouuu.” He said.

When we got to my house I saw Harry’s car was gone. I was glad that he had left. I grabbed James arm and helped him out of the car. He could barely walk. I made James sit down on the couch. “Do you want some Advil or something?” James smiled at me, “And some water pleaseee.” I walked into the kitchen to get the medicine and water for James. Why did James want me to pick him up, instead of the slut who he was cheating on my with? James and I had so many good times together, I was still shocked that he had cheated on me. Was I not good enough for him?

“ Here you go James.” I handed him the glass. He gulped it down in two swallows. “Lie down James, you can spend the night.” He silently laid down on the couch, and closed his eyes.

But then I heard a knock at the door. Who was knocking at my door, at this hour of the night? I swung open the door and saw Harry standing at the door frame. His eyes were bloodshot as if he had been crying. “Kat?” I was so shocked to see Harry at my house. “Kat, I’m so sorry.” Harry said as he walked inside. “I’m so sorry.” He apologized again. “Harry, now isn’t really a great time,” I told him, remembering that James was in the next room. “But I want to make it up to you.” Harry said, walking towards the living room. “Harry, don’t go in there.” He chuckled, “Why not?” He asked, walking inside. “HARRY, STOP!” I yelled at him. He turned around, with a  confused expression on his face. “What’s wrong Kitty Kat?” I opened my mouth to say something, but James interrupted. “Who the hell is this?” He said, obviously more sober now. “I’m Harry, “ I heard Harry speak. “Is he your boyfriend?” He asked. “Yes I am.” Harry replied.  No you're not Harry. I thought to myself. “Was I asking you?” James said angrily to him. Harry stiffened up and stood up taller. Now James turned to me, his cheeks red with anger, “I knew it. You’re a slut. You are a filthy, worthless, stupid girl.” Tears sprang to my eyes. It hurt so much to hear these hurtful words being said about me to my face. “What did you just say?” Harry said to James. Harry raised his fist, ready to punch James right on the cheek, but I stopped him. “Harry, don’t.” I whimpered. “He’s not worth it.” I turned to James. “Leave, NOW!” I said to James. “Fine you filthy whore.”He said as he walked out. The second he stepped out  of the house, I immediately started sobbing. Harry held me while I cried. “It’s okay, Kat, I’m here.”

Harry spent the entire night with me. I fell asleep in his arms, and woke up in them too. I saw a new side of him. A caring, sweet, and gentle side. I had to tell Harry the truth. I simply am not ready to be in a relationship, but that doesn’t mean I don’t want to be friends with him! Harry would make a lovely friend. When I woke up, Harry was twirling my hair around his finger. I got up and faced him. His expression was serious. “How are you?” he asked me, with concern in his eyes. I gave him a small smile, and looked away, “ I’m fine.” I told him. “No, you’re not.” Harry could see right through me. I was hurting and he knew it. I started crying all over again. Harry was such a good person. He rubbed my back and told me everything would be fine, and that he was here for me. When I started to calm down and my tears were starting to go away, I looked up at his green eyes and said, “Harry, thank you.” He smiled at me, “No problem.” Harry’s smile was so comforting. But I couldn’t wait any longer to tell him how I felt. “Harry?”  “Yes love?” He said. “I-I’m not ready to be in a relationship, yet It’s just too soon, I’m sorry” His smile faded a bit, but quickly came back, “Kat. Whenever you're ready, no matter how long it will take. I’ll wait for you.”