4. leo's jam

haley's p.o.v.

at the beginning of school, i was standing with adam, chase, and leo. we all kept eyeing the banner that hung across the ceiling. it was talking about the dance that was coming up, but i really wasn't too excited for it. yes, i am one of those people who get into dances, but it's boring because not a lot of other people do. leo and i usually go crazy at dances, even though he is the most terrible dancer i've ever seen.

"guys, with the dance coming up, i thought you could use a lesson on how to ask a lady out." leo said to adam and chase. i gave him a weird look. leo can barely even talk to girls. he tries to, but they all end up ending the same way. they think he's crazy and walk away from him.

"oh great! do you know a guy who could teach us?" adam asked, and I laughed. leo glared at us.

"me!" leo said to him.

"leo, why would they want lessons from a guy who hasn't even succeeded in asking a girl out?" i asked him. adam and chase hid their laughs from leo quietly.

"not true! i have succeeded once!" leo argued.

"really? when?" i asked, finding it very hard to believe.

"when i ask the girl of my dreams to the dance. danielle." leo said, as he gazed over at danielle, who was sitting a couple of feet away from us. he stared at her like she was the most precious thing on the planet. i looked at him weird for two reasons.

1. because he thinks that he'll have a shot with her.

2. he's leo.

"danielle? isn't she the girl who uses you as a foot stool in math class?" chase asked him.

"where else is she supposed to put her feet? on the floor?" leo asked bewildered.

"well leo, most people do keep their feet on the floor." i said to him, and he glared at me.

"open your notebooks people. this class is in session." leo said as he walked over to danielle.

"she's going to say no." chase muttered to me.

"i'm glad we're on the same page." i muttered back.

"hello danielle." leo said as he placed his foot up on the bench. she closed her book and looked at him. i placed my hand over my face.

i couldn't even watch.

"do you know how much a polar bear weighs?" leo asked.

"no?" danielle said, seeming as confused as me.

"enough to break the ice." leo smirked as he sat down next to danielle.

"i can't even watch." i said to chase and adam.

"i'm leo dooley." leo introduced himself.

"didn't you send me 87 emails?" she asked him. my hand flew over my mouth so my laugh didn't come out.

"yeah, that was a long day." he said, still smiling. she smiled quickly before picking up her bag and throwing it over her shoulder.

"alright, see you lenny!"

once she was gone, i busted out laughing. she couldn't even remember his name!

"so leo, what should i write down in my notebook?" i asked him.

"other than denied?" chase finished for me, and we high-fived.

"you guys can copy off of me! i put she's not going to the dance with lenny." adam said, and the three of us started laughing. i jumped when i heard bree sigh behind me.