We are never getting back together

Anon's Prompt: Could you write a Nick imagine where reader is Alicia's best friend and Nick's ex that he broke up with for Gloria but now he says he misses you and wants to try being together again and you can choose the ending Sorry if it's too long.

"Y/N, Nick is," Alicia started.

"I don't want to know," I interrupted my best friend on the phone.

"He's in the hospital," she said quickly.

Damn it, I thought to myself. Nick was clean when he was with me, he was doing great - until he met Gloria.

"Then call me back after you visit him," I replied.

"You'll come to the house when he's released," she said, not even asking me.

"Maybe. Talk to you later," I ended the conversation, hanging up. I let out a deep breath.

-The Next Day-

"Hey, Alicia," I greeted into my phone.

"The stupid head left the hospital! He's missing," she said, frustrated.

"What?!" I exclaimed. I pinched the bridge of my nose. "He always comes back, though, right?" I asked.

"Yeah but I'm getting tired of this bullshit," she replies.

I sighed heavily. "I'll help look for him," I say before hanging up. I rubbed my temples, I didn't know who Nick was anymore. I had no idea of where he'd be. I closed my eyes and leveled my breathing, thinking of places he would go. I walked to a diner we used to go to, walked in and looked through the seats.

The door opened with a jingle.

"Y/N?" I recognized the voice immediately. I turned around to face my ex.

"Nicky," it came out like a breath. I ran to him, putting my arms around him. "Alicia called me, she said you left the hospital without being discharged. Why, Nick?" I let out, half relieved that he was okay, half upset that I cared so much. He wrapped his arms around me but I placed my hands on his chest.

"Y/N," he started.

"Your mom is worried sick," I said, cuffing him to me. He was mad at me now but I didn't care. We started walking to his house like that.

"If we're going to be chained together, can we at least hold hands?" he asked.

"No," I said curtly, moving my feet faster.

"Y/N, please stop running," he complained.

"I'm not running. Your legs are longer than mine so I'm walking faster to keep up with you," I replied.

"Will you just look at me?" Nick shouted, catching my attention. He seldom yelled so I knew this was serious.

"I can't, Nicky. I LOVED you, I gave you everything I had and you threw it away," I whispered, jaw clenching as tears threatened to form.

"Loved?" he asked, noticing my emphasis.

"Obviously I wouldn't be here if I didn't care," I stated.

"But you can't even look at me without remembering the day we broke up?" he guessed.

"It was night actually," I corrected him.

"I miss you, Y/N," he said.

"What?" I don't think I heard him correctly.

"I miss you," he said louder. I looked up at him, searching his brown eyes for I don't even know what. "I saw some bad stuff, Y/N. I don't know if it was real or if it was the powder, but I want to stop. I don't want to see that ever again, it made me... it made me feel insane," he confessed.

"Your mom can," I started.

"No, Y/N! She tried, she really did but she couldn't help me," he admitted. "I can only do this with you," he cupped my face with his free hand, "I need to be with you."

"Nicky, there's professional rehabilitation centers. I'm not sure Gloria would let you go," I tried to keep my voice level.

"She's gone, I'm not with her anymore," he said, eyes never wavering from mine. He placed his forehead on mine and wrapped his cuffed hand around mine before continuing, "I needyou, Y/N. I need you to be with me again. I need you to help me recover. Please."

I didn't know what to do. I wanted to help him but I wasn't sure I could trust him again - let alone love him. I do care for him, I know that much.

"I'll make you a deal, Nicky, okay?" I suggested. Our eyes made contact again and I knew he was waiting for me to explain. "I'll help you but I can't be in a relationship with you just yet. I'll come over everyday, sleepover sometimes. It's going to take me a while to trust you again like that but I am here for you," I said. He lightly kissed my forehead and we finally continued walking to his house.