Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Fernpaw padded up to Featherkit. "We're going to have lots of fun together!" She sneered, smiling evilly. "Now, where should we start?" Fernpaw looked around, and her eyes immediately lit up. Featherkit followed her gaze, fear tightening her belly as it reached the nursery, where Featherkit's mother, Icefur was dragging out old bedding. Fernpaw bounded up to Icefur, and meowed something to her. Icefur purred back, and Fernpaw ran back with a giant wad of the bedding that Icefur was pulling out of the nursery. "This," she dropped the moss at Featherkit's paws, "is your bedding until the next Gathering." Featherkit's mouth dropped open in shock and disgust. The bedding was rolled in dirt, dipped in mouse bile, and had an endless amount of thorns in it. "Y..Y..Your giving me that to sleep on? F..F..For a whole m..moon?" Featherkit stammered. "Yes! That's right! You're a clever kit, aren't you?" Fernpaw hissed, grinning evilly. Featherkit stared at her, numb with shock. "My father is clearly determined to make my life miserable. Even before I gave the herbs to RainClan, he never liked me. He snarled at me when I jumped on his tail, never came to see me when I was born, and he never helped me when I needed it. One day, I will have my revenge." She thought.