Chapter 3

Chapter 3
Featherkit padded up to her mother, Icefur. "Hi dear! How's it going? That nice, polite apprentice, what's her name..... Fernpaw! Fernpaw said she'll help me throw out this old bedding and fetch a whole new batch for your nest! She wanted it to be extra soft, especially for you! She also offered to collect all the dirt, mouse bile and thorns on it so she can throw it out all at once so that I don't have to tire myself carrying it out! How polite of her!" Featherkit's head spun. Fernpaw lied to her mother to think that she was helping her, when actually, she was trying to torture her! Icefur hadn't been in camp when Blizzardstar announced her "punishment". She was at the Moonstone, sharing with StarClan. Featherkit guessed Blizzardstar sent her away on purpose so that she wouldn't know what he was planning to do. "No point in telling Mama about what happened." Featherkit thought. "She'll either think I'm lying, or that Fernpaw and I had and argument and I'm trying to get back at her." Featherkit tried to smile and dipped her head to Icefur, then walked towards the entrance of the nursery, dreading the nest that lay in wait for her. Before she slid in, Blizzardstar called out to her and Icefur. "Icefur, from now on, Featherkit won't sleep in the nursery. You can go back to warrior duties now." Icefur gasped. "She's only 3 moons old! She can't be made an apprentice now! I still need to feed her!" "She's old enough to eat from the fresh kill pile, and she's not being made an apprentice yet. Fernpaw and her mentor Tigershade are building a prisoner's den. She will sleep there alone."