Chapter 3

This is the last of the stuff that I have prewritten, please tell me if you want me to continue writing.  Comments make me a happy author :)

******************************************************************

   “Elli-Belli, wake up,” a familiar voice whispered in my ear, shaking me to get up.  I ignored the voice, trying to go back to my nap.  I had a rough week and all I want to do is sleep.  The shaking stopped.  Ha-HA! The voice stopped as well.  Back to sleepy time.  “C’mon Elli, get up!” The voice was louder now.  “I’m going to pull your covers off in 1…2…2-and-a-quarter…2-and-a-half…2-and-three-quarters…3!” The voice ripped the comforter off of me.

    Damn, it was cold in the room without my blanket.  “I’m not getting up,” I mumbled into my pillow.  I heard a grunt in response from the voice.  I sat up in bed and rubbed my eyes before I opened them.  Tyler was standing there, just gawking at me.  I ran my fingers through my hair to see if I had outrageous bed head and that was the reason he was looking at me as if I had three heads.  That couldn’t be it, my hair felt fine.  I followed his gaze and looked down at my body. Oh.  I quickly snatched the blanket from Tyler’s hands and wrapped it around me.  I could feel the heat rushing to my cheeks as they blush a deep red.  Let’s just say I hate sleeping with clothes on and Tyler just saw a part of me he’s never seen before. 

    “So, any reason why you’re here waking me up at,” I glanced at the digital Pooh Bear clock on my nightstand, “holy cow!  It’s 12:40!  Why didn’t anyone wake me?  I missed half my classes today with no excuse note!  Wait, why aren’t you teaching your class?  You’re going to get fired if you don’t have anyone watching over your class.”

    “Elli, what are you talking about?  It’s Freeday Friday,” Tyler calmly responded, taking a stuffed animal from behind his back, placing it on my lap.  “Happy Valentine’s Day!  I got you another V-Day bear for your collection.  You need to get ready now; we’re meeting our parents at the airport in two hours.  Your dress is in my room.  You’ll love it.  I’ll bring it in when you’re in the shower.”

    “What about Connor?  Do you know if he’s mad at me for ditching breakfast again?”

    “No, he has Zeke with him.  They are becoming friends, it’s good to see Zeke socializing.”

    “Oh, okay.  I want to take my shower now and maybe get some clothes on.  This is awkward.”

    “Hey, just remember who changed your diapers when you were little,”  Tyler winked as he exited the room.

    When I got out of the shower, there was the most gorgeous dress waiting for me on my bed.  It was a dark, charcoal gray satin dress that faded to white gradually.  Over the waist there was a blood red bow that had dark gray polka dots.  The dress was strapless and was very flowy.  Tyler was right; I loved it. I put the dress on, it fit like a glove, and twirled around in circles to see if it would twirl out.  It does.  I giggled like a little girl and spun around in circles again and again to have my giggling be accompanied by a low accented chuckle.

    “Ugh!  Tyler, can’t you ever knock first?”  I glared.  Tyler lived in Scotland up until I was born.  His accent only shows in his chuckles or if he feels strongly about something.  He hates his accent and gets embarrassed of it except when he is with our families.

    “Nope, don’t need to.  I’m a teacher.  I can enter any room at any time to make sure you guys aren’t doing anything bad,” He waggled his eyebrows.  Must be a guy thing…

    “Ugh,” I rolled my eyes.  “You look nice,” I commented.  He had on a dark gray suit with a blood red tie that had dark gray polka dots and a white dress shirt.  We match perfectly.