Chapter 9: general link

Nikki's pov****

I continued walking through the lively town. It was so busy with people walking here and there, children running everywhere.

I sighed.

I saw an old lady walking near a large fountain and I decided to approach her.

"Excuse me miss, do you happen to know where I am?"

She looked at me and smiled, "why of course! You're in the center of castle town!"

I nodded, "alright thank you very much."

I groaned, that lady was of no help.

I sat on the edge of a fountain when I saw a man yelling at two little kids.

"THIEVES!"

I saw the little boy fall and drop an apple he had in his hand and hurt his ankle while running from the man. As if on instinct I got up and ran towards them.

I saw the man grab the little boy and drag him in the air, "You better have money for that rat!"

He went to grab the other kid, a little girl slightly older than the boy, and grabbed her by the hair.

Rage filled me and without thinking ran towards them. And kicked the man right where the sun doesn't shine.

"YOU BITCH!"

"HOW DARE YOU HURT INNOCENT CHILDREN!" I quickly pulled the kids from him and stood in front of them.

"They're thieves! And law allows me to kill the thieves!"

I spat on his face, "you're nothing but a joke and so is whoever wrote that stupid law! I won't let you harm these children anymore!"

The man, red with anger charged at me and hit me straight across the face causing me to fall on the floor.

But I stayed in front of the children, shielding the kids from that horrible man.

The man pulled out something from his belt, grabbed me by my hair and pointed it at my throat.

A dagger.

"What is going on here?!"

The man, let go of me causing me to once again fall to the ground.

"G-general! These kids were stealing from me and this woman interfered! It's my right toe bring justice on them."

I laughed, "look at you, you're nothing but a huge bitch wearing the clothes of a man."

The man glared at me and rose his arm to strike at me again, but was stopped but the man on the horse.

"Sir, it is against the law for riots and street fights to take place here. As for placing justice on others I suggest you leave that to the guards." He pulled out a silver looking gem from a leather pouch and handed it to the horrible man. "This should be enough to pay for whatever they stole. Now leave and stop causing commotion."

The man nodded and left, not before looking back at me and glaring.

I turned and hugged the kids, "it's ok you're safe now."

The general motioned his horse closer to us, but I ignored him, deciding to check the kids for any injuries.

"It was dangerous what you did, but brave. Not many women here in hyrule do that."

I scoffed, "I'm not from here."

He chuckled, "I can see that."

I smiled at the children, seeing they were perfectly fine except for a few bruises. "Who are your parents?"