Accidents. (BONUS)

4 years. Jeez, has it already been that long? Well, anyways. The reason why I’m still breathing is that the U.S. government planned to take custody of me. I am a ward of the state. Wee. Consequently, I have to be taken care of as a research specimen of the virus that’s inside me. In simpler words, I am their human guinea pig. So in exchange for a room and food on the table next to the President, I have to give them my blood for vaccine preparations.

The death of Wesker in 2009 shook me and that just made me realize the cruelty of the world today. People nowadays keep showing up with possible signs of terrorist actions and more and more people die around the world. But this one clearly sets the terrorists’ attacks to shame. This genocide erupted in Edonia and I don't think it'll just stop there. And before I know it, the world is falling quick into destruction.

“Ow! Watch it!” I hissed, looking at the man beside me wearing a biohazard suit and a gas mask. He was taking the daily dose of blood out of me for testing.

“Sorry.” He replied, trying not to make eye contact.

“Still sensitive to needles…” I heard a girl voice behind me.

“What do you want, Sherry?” I said as the man who took my blood gave me a bandage patch and I immediately put pressure on the spot. “It’s not my fault I had a slight phobia about needles…”

She approached me, her white jacket with a fur collar clothed on her. She was protectively holding her Secret Service badge, as if letting everyone know she has one. She must, really. Ever since they gave her the badge, it’s like she just got a passport to leave this place forever.

I’ve got to hand it to her. I can let her boss me around a little bit. I have higher respect for her , knowing she’s been in this longer than I have. She was involved in the Raccoon City in 1998. Something happened to her. She was just 12 years old when the U.S. took custody of her here for testing. She also has a special attribute inside her DNA. Unfortunately, her blood wasn’t compatible to be a vaccine. If you are wondering, my blood is also incompatible. The scientists keep saying that my genome is incomplete and needs to be undergoing further adaptation of various viruses to be a complete vaccine.

I guess what they need was Wesker’s blood. Too bad he’s dead. Then a sudden feeling of guilt hit me like lightning. If I had actually helped Wesker, then miraculously convinced him to be held captive by the government, we might evade this casualty today. But that was just a mere thought. He was very determined to set the world crumbling to ashes. Hmph. It probably would be pretty epic if Wesker and I had actually fought. Monster vs. monster. Seems legit.

“So, you know that I got my badge, right?” Sherry’s voice interrupted my imagination.

“Of course, it’s been four years since you last got it and you act like it’s still new.”

“Well, I got the badge… I also got a new assignment today!”

“Oh, really? Well, congratulations, then.” I said, getting off the gurney and walking straight to my cell.

“Wait!” she said which made me turn to face her. “I was also thinking of taking you with me..”

What? Did she just say she’s taking me with her to one of her assignments? No, NO. I mean, I have no experience of these kinds of things whatsoever!

“I have no experience of anything, I swear!” Exactly.

“Oh, come on. That’s how I learned. They immediately gave me an assignment when it was my first day on the job.”  She tried to give me that ‘irresistible’ smile. Ha. Ha. Ha. As if that would actually work. “If you want a person to learn how to swim, throw her into the water!”

“Fine… Don’t blame me if I screw things up.” I sighed, looking at this opportunity on the bright side. 4 years inside the government sector made me miss the outside world. The people inside also said that the outside world is a horrific place now. Like they’ve been rehabilitating my mind rather than taking my blood.

~

“So, what are we gonna do anyway? Deliver a letter? Take some herbs? What?” I asked as she was bringing back a folder from the File Room.

“No! You know I’m all done with those!” Sherry said, giggling as she dropped a thin folder on the desk.

“Well, I haven’t..” I mumbled.

“What?”

“N-Nothing.”

She opens the folder, eyeing me with discipline as she does so. I saw a picture of a man. Probably in his early twenties. As she turned the pages, there were several more pictures with his different profiles in black and white, colored and sepia. Most of the pictures show like he was not aware that he has a ‘paparazzi’.

“We are going to retrieve this man and bring him back to safety.” Sherry narrated, pointing at one of the more decent and detailed pictures of the subject. “Jake Muller.”

“What is he? A terrorist lead?” I said, inspecting the background Jake was standing in. Explosions everywhere and bullets flying in full-speed, it showed blurry on the camera. To my surprise, he was just standing there like it’s just a normal day in the park. Guess he has some guts.

“No. He is the only one with the complete genome and has all the viruses adapted to make a possible vaccine. He’s our only hope.”

“Hmph. Wonder where he was before all this…” I murmured to myself, thinking that he just popped out of the blue at the least punctual time. “Besides, how could he achieve such a complex DNA structure—“

“He’s Albert Wesker’s son.” Sherry interrupted before I could finish.

"...."

"Laura? You alright?" Sherry said, leaning closer to my  shock-stricken face.

"Does Wesker know about this?"

"No, why?"

I smiled. I bet he'll also have the same expression as I would have now, recalling his, apathetic and stoic personality. 

"Hmph. Oh, Wesker." I said as I looked to the ground, figuring that looking above would be pointless since I know he's not really up where the angels should be. "Your little 'accident' would save us all."

~

Haha, if you want me to continue where Laura finally meets Jake, then I suggest you make me :D You know what to do. -hellgirl1998 <3