Chapter 5: Sophie: Two Kids of Neptune

Hey guys, so it's been a while since I updated this story. Too long. Sorry about that. I had school, writers block, no motivation for a while. But I'm actually re-reading the series and got new ideas. When I started this story, Son of Neptune and Mark of Athena hadn't come out yet so I had to readjust my story to fall in line with those plots. Excuse me if some of my plots alter the actual books, somethings I couldn't fit. Either way, it IS still a fanfic, but I'll try to keep it as close as possible. I plan for this story to cover Son of Neptune and Mark of Athena (condensed versions) and go past them into house of hades, even though I have NO IDEA what Uncle Rick will be writing.

Thank God for sending me inspiration and motivation to write again and for all you wonderful loyal readers. Thank you for sticking around! I give you the fifth chapter of The Water's Twins. - Gabs <3

Sophie struggled with the urge to punch the kid in the face. The eleven years of her legion discipline was barely enough to restrain her. Intead she had to glare - but if looks could kill...well the boy would be toast.

Evidently, he was important to Juno and therefore untouchable. After Reyna showed up and they all waded into the New Rome's territory, the goddess appeared in a bright shining light. (Although, for a second Sophie swore she saw a flash of peacock, a flash of Hera). The dolt didn't even kneel before the goddess! Sophie didn't particularly love Juno either, but respect is respect. She didn't like it, but was her Roman duty. Besides she didn't have an early death wish; there was enough danger fighting monsters. The goddess gave him her seal of approval and a dire warning about the fast-approaching Feast of Fortune Death deadline (like they needed a reminder). His name was Percy Jackson; Great, they not only shared Neptune's blood but the same last name. Coldness ran through Sophie like lead.

"Oh, and Sophia Jackson," Juno called with a sly gleam in her eye, "I don't believe you've been formally introduced to your brother. With all that Cyclops drama and whatnot I suspect you didn't have much time."

"My what?"

"Sophia Jackson, meet Perceus Jackson," Juno spoke slowly, "He's your brother. Your twin brother."

"Her what?"

"See? The twin telepathy must already be in sync! You're welcome. Families...it's what I love!"

No. No. NO! The kid - Percy - couldn't be her brother. She was an orphan, adopted by Lupa, and then accepted into the Twelfth Legion Fulminata. She didn't have a brother; a brother wouldn't have left her alone for sixteen years.

The few dozen soldiers that had followed Reyna outside started to stare at Sophie, and she could feel herself blushing under their gaze. A few whispers rambled through the ranks. A couple fingers started pointing. Then giggling got louder.

"Hey!" Sophie snapped, startling her fellow soldiers, "Don't you all have something you could be hitting with a sword or setting on fire?"

Reyna stifled a small chuckle, and shaking her head called out, "Back to your places!"

The ranks of teenage Roman soldiers filed back into their camp. Some still chanced a couple looks back, and got a rude gesture from Sophie in return. All of them were talking - talking about the two children of Neptune.

***

Conner droned on and on in pointless detail of their venture into the woods. He described how he heroically defeated the Cyclops and defended the helpless new kid in the process. Then he went on to praise his innate ability to sense that the Cyclopes had reformed and grand idea to use the river to cover their tracks. Of course he was ready to attack the wolves himself, but Sophie beat him to it - without orders.