Chapter 23

All around me was bookshelves full of books and a hammock in the centre of the room. 

What is this place? I asked myself. 

I then went to the bookshelves.  The topics of the books ranged from potions, to dark arts, to muggle novels, to anything I could ever want. 

I placed my bag on the ground and grabbed a few books that I found interesting, as well as a few muggle novels. 

I then grabbed out the potions book I borrowed from the library and started perusing it.

I looked at the index

A's: Ageing Potion... Alihotsy Draught... Amortentia... Anti-Paralysis Potion...

B's: Babbling Beverage... Baneberry Potion... Baruffio's Brain Elixir... Beautification Potion... Befuddlement Draught... Blemish Blitzer... Blood-Replenishing Potion... Bloodroot Potion... Bulgeye Potion...

C's: Calming Draught... Chelidonium Minscula... Confusing Concoction... Cough potion... Cure for Boils...

D's: Death-Cap Draught... Deflating Draught... Developing Solution... Dizziness Draught... Dogbane Potion... Dogbreath Potion... Dr. Ubbly's Oblivious Unction... Dragon Tonic... Draught of Living Death... Draught of Peace... Dreamless Sleep Potion... Drink of Despair... Drowsiness Draught...

E's: Elixir of Life... Elixir to Induce Euphoria... Erumpent Potion... Everklena... Essence of Dittany... Essence of Insanity... Exploding Potion...

Hmm, I thought to myself, let's see what the Elixir of Life is.  I then turned to the page that the index directed me to. 

"Elixir of Life:

The elixir of life, also known as elixir of immortality and sometimes equated with the philosopher's stone, is a mythical potion that, when drunk from a certain cup at a certain time, supposedly grants the drinker eternal life and/or eternal youth.

About the creator:

Nicolas Flamel is the only known creator of the Philosopher's Stone.  He is particularly famous for his work with Albus Dumbledore about the 12 uses of dragon blood."

Huh, that's strange, I thought, there's no ingredients and procedure. 

I then proceeded to look at the novels that I had pulled off of the shelves in this room.  I decided to read Eragon whilst in the hammock.  Homework can wait, I thought. 

~~~~~*****~~~~~*****~~~~~*****~~~~~
Hi all,
This story has now reached 5.2k reads.  THANK-YOU!!!!  :D