Chapter one

A/n: alrighty wattreaders this is muh new fanfic that currently co-writing within sissy she's pretty talented don't ya think she wrote the prologue half awake. And I really like it so enjoy this chapta my beauties ;) Back to Reality

~ Leggo;)

It was another dread felt day. The grumbling in my stomach and lack of light wasn't helping in this how do you say 'hell hole' or at least what 'the people' call it.

Apparently my 'hole' is dark filled with various creatures like this thing with a tail which I quite can't make out clearly since it's well dark of course. But i was interrupted from my thoughts as a clanging of metal slid against each other making a slight high pitched creaking sound.

"Here ya go sunshine," said a vague distant voice. I quickly made my way to the plate of before the tail looking things did they always beat me to it not today I thought. As I scampered my through the dim lighted hole. Once you've lived in darkness your whole life you become as if nocturnal.

I looked at the faded squeaking creatures who looked back at me with jealously it broke my heart to look at them this way.

"No you taily things I can't always share my food,"I said with much sympathy punctuating my point but couldn't take it anymore the guilt was over powering .

"ugh, fine," I mumbled tossing a piece of my vegetables or at least that's what I think they're called. And the squeaking grew louder as the furry creatures gathered around the single vegetable. I finished watching my only entertainment for the day and, drank the clear liquid thing that I believe is called water and ate the apple thing.

I lay down on the floor cold scared and wanted to be freed from this cage. I've been "caged "in this thing my whole life. I want to see the light the beauties of the place outside of here. Anything but here is the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. Something past these walls is good enough for me. But as usual my thoughts were interrupted by once again another loud banging of metal.

"alright sunshine ,it's time to the sunshine," a raspy voice grunted. I tried to pull myself together grasping the thought of actually going past this hole. My eagerness contorted my words, not being able to speak at all if I did all that would be heard is a faint squeal.

"SHUT UP! Now for further instructions you will be given clothes, and another plate of food, also comb that rat nest of a hair!"He notified.

what? Why am I going to see the outside of the walls. Who cares all I know is I'm going to see light!

"oh, I almost forgot we're turning on the lights" He finished . What's going on ? I wonder what the lights feel like...

"agh, it burns" I yelped as I felt the bright sting in my eyes as I tried to I quickly placed my hands over my eyes in one swift motion to let my eyes adjust to the burning sensation. I removed my hands over face. And felt the warm unnatural brightness. It also felt familiar.

I was amazed by how big the hole looks in the light and how dirty ugh. The person in the door was still there watching my every movement. I was taken aback by how different he appeared from me. He had a hat but I didn't really know what color it was. He had a stocky build yet he was aging.

"ew you really need the sun, sunshine your so white and pale ugh"He commented. Leaning his frame against the door which for the first time it fully open. I widen my eyes at the sight not because I seen the man for the first time ever but because the door was fully open. And the stood up and threw me a bag which fell on the floor. I bent over to pick it up. And he lent out his hand.

"come on sunshine, let me show you to the bathroom " And I reached out and stepped closer to grab it making sure that none of the contents on in my bag spilt out. Why was this man so kind to me it didn't add up. The gears in my head were now turning as he lead me down the narrow hallway. As I searched through the back of my brain for answers. Until we came to a halt. The room look bright almost as light itself but brighter more purer. In one fluid motion the man turned to me and shoved me into the room altogether.

" now be a good girl sunshine, and remember what I told you" He said with a smirk plastered on his lips while pulling the door shut behind him. But now I think my name is sunshine seemed about right I guess.

"Sunshine " I mumbled to myself testing the word on my tongue while setting the bag down next to me.

But remembering where I was I didn't know if I were to 'wash up' like the usually told me to do. I lent closer to the door.

" um man, am I supposed to 'wash up'!?"I asked uncertainly.

" yes !"He replied through the door. When I was smaller they taught me how to at least 'wash up'. So I threw off my clothes and put it in a neat pile in the corner of the room. Pushed the fabric away and turned the knob releasing the clear liquid which now that I think about I think it's called ... Water! Then I stepped into the water closing the fabric behind me

~•*~•*~

I heard a knock on the door as I put on my clothes.

"hurry up in there sunshine," his raspy voice rang in my ears. I Looked in the mirror that reflected my facial features and thing called hair resembled a bird-nest which I had no clue what it was. I took the comb and ran it through my hair, this process was quite painful. Once I felt like I was complete with the process of 'wash up' I glanced in the mirror to see how I looked, I satisfied the thing called 'pants' had contoured my legs. And my 'shirt' was strange it was a bit longer it was skinnier at the top I mean at least where my arms were. I stepped closer to the door as my knuckles brushed against the cold metal I took a deep breath before turning it.

"i'm finished" I announced with pride standing a little taller.

"good, now follow me" he said once again as he took my hand and led me through the narrow hallway my mind trailed off ... Was the room I was just in brighter than the hallway? We came to a halt once again and turned with his hands behind his back as if he were resting them and he paced back and fourth analyzing me. He took a deep breath.

"when we go outside these walls you shall refer to me as 'dad' of 'father' if anyone ask you what's your name you will respond 'it's none of your business ' you got that," his pacing then came to halt and turned to me for response. A quick nod of the head and a slight smile is all I could give.

"good," he rubbed his hands together "it's showtime" And opened the door that awaited my fate ...

A/N:I know I despise cliffhangers but ya know I'm working on the next chapter as we speak comment vote and all that good stuff be kind and ur enemies Back To Reality

~ Leggo;)