Those... Creatures?

"Jack?" My eyes shot open and Mark was shaking my shoulder. "Come on... It's really cold out here. I don't want you to get sick. Wake up." I grunted and turned my head the other way. I really just wanted to be left alone.

I curled into a ball and let my built up emotions out. My eyes were probably bloodshot and glassy. I couldn't help but cry into my lap. Mark laid beside me making himself comfortable on the barren ground.

Those fucking creatures want my life and maybe even the worlds too. I didn't want to know. This was all too much for my little mind to handle.

"Jack, it's not the end of world. Well..." I smiled into my hands. Mark is probably the only one who can make me laugh at a time like this. But it faded too soon. I turned towards him and laid there next to his warm body.

"If you think about it though. They really want me. For whatever reason. Then they are probably going to destroy the planet too. In a way, it will be all my fault." I closed my eyes hoping the deep sadness would go away. Mark didn't say anything.

"No. Jack, this will never ever be your fault. Please don't tell yourself that." I sighed.

"It feels like it is though. When you and I were kidnapped by these people, that was my fault. And the things that are in the spacecraft know who I am. How is this not my fault?"

"Because I don't think it's your fault."

~•~•~•~

We had laid there in silence for the rest of the night. At some point though, Mark started to freeze so I hugged him, trying to restore his falling body temperature. We stayed that way for the rest of the night.

When I finally woke up, Olive was sitting a few meters away staring at us. I lifted my head from Mark's and lightly pushed him off me without waking him. She smiled as I brushed the sand off my jeans and shirt.

"Sean, you two are really cute." My face went hot. I never thought of him like that. He was simply my best friend.

"He got cold last night. That's it." I hugged my arms in embarrassment. I hope no one else saw this. "Um... Does anyone else know we are out here?" She nodded. My face burned red. I tried to hide my face from her but she stood up and moved my hands away before I could cover it. Olive's grey eyes reflected the sun in a weird but magical way. I didn't notice anything out of the ordinary until she blinked and the spacecraft appeared in them.

I turned around quickly and saw it hovering there. My breath hitched in my throat. And my body started to shake. This fear wouldn't help me run or wake Mark. 

"Mark! Get up!" He jolted up and looked around. His eyes landed on Olive and I. But when he followed what we were looking at, he got up and ran behind me. I'm so scared.

"What the hell?" He whispered behind me. I shook my head.

The door of the ship slowly opened and I took both their hands in mine. I started to sprint back to the base but those creatures came flying at us. That power rose in my throat and I erupted in a display of green wind that seemed to act as a force field keeping us safe from them.

A roar was heard from one of the creatures. We all stopped in our tracks as the one that roared landed on top of my field. It was draining my energy so I couldn't keep it up for too much longer.

"Get out of here!" I shouted at the two of them. I pulled their hands forward and propelled them towards the base doors. I stayed behind to try to fight off the creatures.

"Jack!" Mark cried out. I gave him a glare that told him to get out of here. His eyes were sad. "JACK!" I shook my head.

My shield was taking too much energy for me to hold it up. I dropped it and waited for the creature's humongous fists to connect with my face. It was about to hit me when I saw Mark fly on top of it. He tackled it to the ground and punched it with all his might.

The other creatures stood behind their leader. I'm almost positive that if I take out the leader then they'll leave. But I shouldn't be too sure. A sickening roar erupted over where Mark was.

I caught a glimpse of Mark's hand stuck inside the creatures mouth with his veins turning green fast. I ran as fast as I could to help him. Mark started to struggle with getting the creatures teeth out of his arm.

"MARK! HOLD ON!" I jumped atop its back and focused my power into my hand. I pulled back and thrust my fist into its back hearing a sickening crack. Mark fell off its massive head. I jumped down to his aid.

I took his hand to sprint towards the base before either one of us loses our lives. He was in bad shape. His entire arm had turned disfigured and green. Almost like a disease.

The doors were right there. But before I could reach them, I was pulled back. I threw Mark into the building hoping he would be alright. His eyes pleaded for help but there was nothing I could do except save him from my fate.

Whatever my fate should be.

(A/N I got fan art! This was done by a friend of mine. I was contemplating on using it as my cover because it's like really cool and stuff. But then found the picture and used that. But I still love you girl if you read this. Thanks for all the reads!^>^)