1.

Picture up top is Kira.

Hi my name is Kira May I'm 17 and I live in the hood. The hood is not really a bad place. You just have to mind your own business and you won't be involved in no shootouts, drug deals...speaking of drug deals my friend Tyler smokes weed and he has to buy it from a guy around the corner from his house.

Tyler is a cool dude, it's kinda hard to see if I have feeling or if I don't have feelings, I mean he smokes and fight but he's super smart like it's not funny.

My number one friend Jordon is my nigga. We've been close since second grade. All because she smacked this girl I hated and still hate today. We talk and talk about that day.

Jaylen is also my nigga. She's quiet like me and she's smart and got that swag just like her best friends. But don't take her kindness as a weakness because this girl can fight. We also became friends because she fought the girl I hate and still hate today.

Vincent is a whole other story. Jordon has a thing for him but he don't know because he is so slow. She said that she's scared to tell him because she's scared to know how he feels back. And we talking about a girl who does not care about anyone's feelings but herself and apparently Vincent.

Then there's a nasty hoe whose name is Tamar. She is the girl that I hate and when I mean hate I mean hate.

She think she all that, she wears clothes that would fit a five year old, dumb as a bee, it's just crazy. She's just crazy and fake as I don't know what.

I'm taking about them but not me. You already know my name and my age.

  I'm a shy, somewhat good, and always on fleek type of girl. I don't play that drama because drama leads to fight and I'm trying to avoid to fight a bitch.

"ReRe come get these dishes wash before you get yo ass beat!" I heard my mom screaming to my lil sister ReRe. My mom is very OCD so you have to keep everything clean. Your room, the kitchen, the bathroom, including yourself. I'm okay with the last part but the other I struggle with.

"But I did last week, it's Ki's turn." She said when I walked into the living room. Why she had to bring my name into this. "No it ain't. Stop telling stories lil girl you know I did them dishes last week. Stop being lazy and do them dishes." She smacked her lips and rolled her eyes and I did the same thing but mimicking her.

  "Girl I don't know what I will do without you." My mom said. My mom works as a emergency nurse so she leaves at 10:30pm every single night. It's kinda nerve racking.

"You be working hard and ReRe don't really be helping me clean the house."

"Well she gonna start, oh and don't worry baby I'll try to get us out this neighborhood it's just that this job an-"

"Mom," I cut her off "I ain't worried about that I'm not worried about nothing. This neighborhood is fine okay, stop stressing you know ReRe and I love you right?" She nodded and wiped away a tear from her eye. "I'm so glad God blessed me with y'all."

I wouldn't know what I'd do if I didn't have my mom with me. I feel bad for the people who don't have a mom. My dad died I miss him a lot to. I need to stop thinking about him before I cry. "You need to hurry up and get to work. Don't want you to be late." I kissed her on the cheek and she smiled.

"Make sure you take a shower, tell ReRe that too."

"Alright bye momma."

••••
The next day

"Girl I was fixing to choke a hoe today you just don't know." Jordon said walking up to me. Everyday she always talks about choking someone. I try not to listen because my name always end up getting in something. "She was like 'bitch who you looking at?' I was like 'bitch apparently not much'. Hey are you listening to me?"