1.

Scott's POV
"That is enough Scott! Detention for you!" Our teacher Ms. Hadley said sternly. I giggled as I made my way through the hall. I ran my fingers through my purple hair and thought about tonight. Chances are I would probably come home, eat dinner, then get lectured by my parents. Hey all I did was put a few hidden exploding volcanoes in Ms. Hadley's desk. No harm no foul. I let out one last laugh as I opened the door to the detention room. When I got there I saw three other guys who looked like me sitting there lazily and bored as hell. I could just tell. I must admit I was surprised to see other people with piercings and coloured hair in the same room as me. I've barely met people who are like me. But I just hit the mother load of people who are like me. I sat down next to a boy with dark blue swooping bangs and sighed.

"I'm guessing you got into some shit too," he said lighting a cigarette. I nodded and watched him, "I'm Mitch. Right in front of you is Avi. And behind me is Kevin." They all waved as Mitch took a drag.

"What brings you here?" A deep voice asked. I turned to Avi and shrugged.

"I just put a couple harmless volcanoes in Ms. Hadley's desk and exploded them. I still don't get why I'm here," they all smirked and looked at me. Mitch handed me a cigarette and I lit it up and took a drag.

"Well judging by the way you look I'm guessing you're probably just like us." Kevin said with a chuckle. We all just sat in silence and smoked. There was no teacher so we could basically do whatever the hell we wanted. Soon a girl with short, bluish green, curly hair walked in and sat down next to Avi. She kissed him.

"Sorry I'm late! I had to do something in order to get here," Avi chuckled.

"That doesn't matter. At least you're here," Mitch looked in between them and smirked.

"Who's the super hot chick man?" He said winking at the girl. She rolled her eyes and glared at him.

"This 'super hot chick' is my girlfriend. Her name is Kirstin." Kirstin smiled and waved to everybody.

"Hi Kirstin! My names Scott, this is Mitch, and this is Kevin," she smiled at all of us and I knew this was going to be the best detention I'd ever have.

Mitch's POV
When I watched Kirstin walk in, I thought she was single. She was hot. But I hadn't realized that my new best friend was also her boyfriend. I haven't had a girlfriend in years because they didn't like the fact that I smoked. So what? I've tried quitting, it just doesn't work. So here I am. Single, weird, and lonely. Well not really lonely but you get the point.

"How did you get in here Mitch?" Kevin asked leaning into the group to join the conversation we were trying to uphold. I shrugged and took a drag.

"All I did was spit on a teachers shoes and yell fuck you. That was it!" We all laughed and I stomped on my cigarette. Then the teacher came in. At our school no one gives a crap what the teachers think, well at least my side of the school. My side of the school is where all of the misfits go. I've seen Kirstie sometimes and Scott too, but Avi and Kevin seem to be just in the middle so I don't see them much.

"Hey Mitch," Kirstie said grabbing my attention, "I heard you're good at singing, can you maybe help me with one thing?" I looked at her surprised.

"You actually want to learn?" I said in shock. She rolled her eyes and looked at Avi for help.

"Hey I love singing and choir and so does she. But Kirstie is struggling to read music so I was wondering if you would help her." I laughed lightly and nodded.

"You sound like a strict parent Avi," Kevin said causing us to all laugh. This was fun. And sadly I knew it had to come to a end in five minutes, because once that bell rang, we would all leave each other.