Chapter 22

Chapter 22

"Juls chill, its just graduation" Natalie chuckled beside me. How can she be so frudging calm about this, we have only one chance to graduate highschool, its a make it or break it memory. But I guess my graduation's already a mess since my parents couldn't come. Last night they texted me saying something came up and they will not be able to make it. Joy.

I sighed "Whatever Nats" crossing my arms before focusing my gaze on the view outside the window. Right now Natalie's parents were kind enough to pick me up for grad, and Natalie and I were currently on the back seat, fussing about graduation.

I fiddled with my toga, a habit of mine when I'm nervous. The itchy feeling my tubed aqua cocktail dress below this black cloth was just making things worse. I'm all glamoured up with my hair curled as perfect as it could get, my nude heels increasing my height, the least make up on my face as I could, and this silver heart-charmed bracelet that Steve gave to me on my right wrist. On the outside you'd see how prepared I am for this, but on the inside? Total opposite.

I felt my phone buzz, I silently hoped it was a last minute text from my parent saying they could still make it. Sigh, not really.

From: Harreh!

G'luck on your grad Juls! Sorry I couldn't be there.. :(

Of course you could be here! You're touring around the UK, I don't see any reason for you to not come. I made a sarcastic note on my mind. I knew he couldn't come so I didn't expect him to. But my parents? I expected them to come. But no, they just saw something, or someone they found more important than their own only daughter.

To: Harreh

Yeah s'all right. Thanks though.

I typed in before hitting send. I ain't using any emoticons for now, after what happened yesterday? No.

I felt Natalie perk up beside me, "Come one Juls!" She squealed before grabbing my arm, dragging me. Oh we had already pulled up, lost in my thoughts again, nice Juls.

We went out the car, shutting the car door behind us. Natalie's parents chuckled at their child's excitement, engulfing her in a hug. I sighed, while I was there, awkwardly standing with no parents around to care. 

I shifted my weight on my toes uncomfortably, good enough for Mrs. Green to notice. They all pulled back and smiled at me. "Juliet, come on in here, you're a part of this too" Mr. Green smiled at me opening his arms for me to join.

I smiled at how much they care about me, I walked to Mr Green's open arms and was soon in the middle of their family. At least I don't feel all left out. We all let out a laugh at our group hug, Natalie was definitely a lucky girl to have a family like this.

We all pulled back and fixed ourselves to enter the school auditorium for the program. This is it. I thought to myself.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

"Juliet Anne Kelvins" the emcee called, I stood up as the crowd cheered for me. Well, I am sort of friendly so I guess I could say people care for me-ish.

I walked up the steps and glanced at Natalie, who I saw was grinning at me. I smiled back at her, as I saw Mrs. Green come up at front with a camera, she's really good at replacing my mom. Oh well.

I climbed up and Mr. Henderdouche, my adviser who made my social life hang by a thread yesterday, was there with my diploma awaiting for me with a grin. Wow, I just can't believe I'm already off to college after this.

I gladly took the cilindrical rolled up paper from his finger and shook his hand, "Congratulations Juliet, I'm so proud of you" He smiled at me.

I just nodded and returned his smile, he motioned me to smile for the camera in front. I smiled as the flash went, capturing one of the best moments of my life forever. The crowd was applauding, cameras were flashing and for a moment I thought this is what Harry goes through each and every day with their UK tour. Wow, he's lucky. Just as I was about to walk off the stage a drunk man barged in, or so I thought.