Chapter 8

Chapter 8

I immediately felt arms encircle around me. A scent filling my nose which I knew were Harry's. He hugged me so tight as if he'd never let me go. I felt so comfortable in his arms, it felt so right like his body was made to perfectly fit mine. My stomach is feeling weird and a sudden thought came to me, this moment is perfect.

I could still hear the faint music still playing from outside, the lyrics so crystal clear to my ears.

And from the ballroom floor we are in celebration

One good stretch before our hibernation

Our dreams assured and we all, will sleep well

Sleep well

Sleep well

Sleep well

Sleep well

You have stolen my....

You have stolen my....

You have stolen my....

You have stolen my heart....

But wait, I don't know him like that. We're not even friends, we just met once and this being the second one. And most of all, my guts hate him, and he's a flirt, a player, someone who's up for one night stands. How come it felt so right yet so wrong.

Realizing the reality of this moment, I immediately pulled away, not even hugging back the whole time. A fair distance now between us and two pairs of eyes staring into each other. I was never the one to read through people's eyes but I could clearly see emotions through his. Happiness and shock.

He looked at his feet breaking our contact, “I-i I'm sorry” He stuttered scratching the back of his neck. An awkward silent was shared between us until a cough disturbed us. I turned to look from where it came and saw a smirking Natalie stood on the doorway of the booth.

“Mission accomplished I see” She said walking towards us. I scrunched up my nose “Huh?” I replied clearly confused.

She smirked “Why not let Harry explain” She suggested, now standing in front of the distance between Harry and I, All About Us by He is We now replacing the previous song.

I looked at Harry hoping for explanations. “I erm..” He started not even bothering to look at me, and if I was deaf, i'd definitely think he's talking to his feet.

“I kind of asked Natalie for help to erm..” He continued nervously, “to?” I asked with a voice hinting curiosity, wanting him to continue.

“to find you” he finished, now looking straight into my eyes, eyes filled with hope. I then turned to Natalie “Wait so you knew about this?” I semi-screamed, not really thrilled since she re-connected me with someone I hate.

“Erm, yeah" She started "he has your iPod you know, of course he has to return it to the rightful owner” her tone ending with a confident one, accompanied by a grin. “Personally” She added.

“Oh well" I shifted my gaze to Harry "thanks for returning it, uhh, Harry” I said looking at him with a small smile, then glancing at the table where my iPod was plugged into the system. I have to admit that maybe my hate for this person is decreasing by the moment.

“Umm, you're welcome love” He replied returning the small smile I gave. There was a moment wherein we were just staring into each other with that smile, a connection I couldn't describe but could feel. But of course, someone had to ruin the moment

“Yay! Mission accomplished!” Natalie cheered, that- is my bestfriend over there. “Oh wait, not yet..” She added, raising an eyebrow at Harry. Huh?