GREEN

GREEN

I'm sitting on the floor, May is standing up. I look up at her with my big green eyes without her noticing. She looks down to face me after a few minutes, closing her pretty aquamarine eyes as she starts talking.

"Want to get out of here?"

Her voice is music to my ears. It's small and quiet, but still appealing. I nod and she picks up her bag from the floor before helping me up. She grips my wrist and pulls me out of the school, not seeming to care at all about the fact that we could get caught.

I watch as she takes out a cigarette and lights it. The first time she did this, I was shocked, because she's the kind of person who's just too pure and too bright to smoke. And I was right, because she doesn't smoke; she just lights cigarettes and watches them burn slowly between her fingers. My green eyes stay locked to the flaming cigarette, mainly because I want to avoid her eyes. Her great aquamarine eyes that could bring me to my knees anytime.

She does this thing with her shoulder that always catches my eye. She kind of raises it and pushes it backwards, and it looks like a spasm but it's just a reflex when she's about to talk. I think she is aware of what effect that movement as on me, because every time she does it, I look at her and she starts talking.

"Your eyes are mesmerizing."

I smile, and look down and I wish I had the courage to tell her that hers are even more. She raises and pushes her shoulder backwards. I look up.

"Say something."

I breathe slowly. Again, breathe in, breathe out.

"Yours are fascinating as well."

The Mona Lisa smile trembles. My eyes widen a tiny bit, filled with green hope.

But it doesn't transform into the broad smile I so desperately hoped for.