SHE DANCES, WE DANCE

I don't even know if she's taking account of the music. May gracefully moves around the room, spinning around me in repetitive circles. Her arms are swaying around her thin body while her hips move to the rhythm. I smile at the sight of her peaceful and calm face and sit down on the couch to admire her.

She twirls and twirls and twirls, almost like she has totally forgotten about the world around her. She only wants to dance and forget everything. I also want to forget everything, so I close my eyes and absorb the music until it overpowers my thoughts and lets me in a relaxed and dreamy state.

She takes my hands in hers and forces me to stand up, pulling me towards her. We turn around each other and stay silent; only caring about the music and enjoying the sweet nothingness we're both floating in. She caresses my left arm as she walks past me and I grip her wrist to pull her closer. I feel her breath become slower as I make her twirl next to me. She puts her hands on my waist as the song slows down, and I put my arms around her neck.

We slow dance and move around the room gracefully. I follow her lead as she slightly throws her head back. I lean into her and rest my head in the crook of her neck. She stops dancing and puts her hands around my neck like I did around hers. I feel her breathing on my hair and her fingers that trace spirals on the back of my neck, and it send shivers down my spine.

I step out of her arms. I know I'm falling way too hard for her, and way too fast.

She looks at me, as if she knew what was happening in my mind. If only she knew, I think she'd stop everything, she'd abandon me. Because she's not in love with me.

Yet.