RED

RED

I apply a thin layer of red lipstick, which is enough to cover up my amazingly pale lips' color. I catch May looking at me in the mirror. She doesn't need lipstick; her lips are naturally pink and perfect.

I want to kiss her, I need to kiss her. I turn around and look at her straight in the eyes. She knows what I want to do. She stands straight and something in her Mona Lisa half-smirk seems so playful and childish. She loves to tease me about this; it always takes me forever to actually woman up and kiss her. And she never makes the first move just to frustrate me. So this time I decide to surprise her by gripping her hands tightly and leaning in before smoothly meeting her soft lips. She caresses my cheek, and I her touch feels electrifying on my skin. I press my thumbs in the middle of her palms while she leans deeper into the kiss, sending me on cloud nine in a few seconds.

I detach my lips from hers, gasping for air. She slowly blinks and opens her eyes wide before taking a few audible breaths and squeezing my hands. She pulls me to the living room, where we sit in front of each other on the couch. Our legs are crossed and we just stare at each other. Well, I stare at her rosy lips, and I know she's looking at my red ones. My lips are swollen and hot, I can feel it. She brings her hand to her mouth and touches her lips, and I know it's the same for her.

Her lips are a work of art, like I've said before. But I never thought that I would get to kiss her. I feel like all of this is just a dream, and that I'll wake up and realize how much of an idiot I've been.