Chapter Two- A New Friend

my eyes opened and the dreams faded. i felt weak and limp. i turned over on my stomach and pushed my self up. i saw the empty glass bottle laying beside my sack. the cork not too far from it. i pushed my knees under my chest and lifted myself. 

"Damn, what the heck is wrong with me?" i said to myself and wobbled outside of the hut. i walked to the edge of the forest and saw a small pond about 100 feet away. ducks and fish were swimming about in the glistening pond.he calculated the route quickly and walked to it. I tripped over a tree root and flung my arms out to protect my head. I landed on my right elbow and screamed in pain. my nerve went crazy and my arm went numb for about two seconds. I crawled to the pond and eventually felt hot sand touch my hand. I moaned in pleasure and dug my hand in and pulled myself further up. my hand felt the cool water hand it revitalised  my senses. i pushed myself up with my knees until my face touched the cool water. I immediately dunked my head in and gulped clean fresh water. my hearing came back to normal and my vision widened. i pushed my self up and out of the water and gulped the air. i was on all fours. i looked around and admired this graceful nature. my shirt hung low from being soaked in the water. i dunked myself again and drank what seemed like a gallon of water. 

"thirsty much?" i heard a woman's voice and spun around on my back. my hands went in the water and in the wet sand. A girl about my size and what looked like the same weight  as me. my brain searched for words to greet her. i havent talked to a real person in over 2 years! think THINK! ummmmmm what did people say to greet another? hallo....no.....herro?....definitely not....oh i got it! Hello! 

"hello......" i said pathetically. my legs wouldn't respond as i wanted to stand up to give her a hand shake. she wore a leather vest with a white undershirt. her long hair was dark brown and she had dark brown eyes. her nose was small and lips were a little bigger than usual. her skin palish and at her hips was a large iron sword. i was rather intimidated by her appearance. her skin looked rather soft too. she took a step and held out her hand. i grabbed it and felt the tender skin as she pulled me up. i was lost in her eyes, i seriously havent seen a beautiful girl in forever. my mind had a question in store for me. "Where did you get that sword?" i said as i pointed at the hilt of the large masterpiece. she put her hand on the butt of the handle and asked "this old thing? well i made it!" she said proudly. i was astonished at  how well a regular person could make such a great sword. i ran my hand through my greasy wet hair. i realised i havent really bathed and i must stink! she pointed to a torch that was hanging on a limb," if you want to know where my home is, just follow the torches that i put up." she patted my shoulder and walked off. i turned  to look at my reflection in the water. my hair was rather long for a guys but i have no scissors! it was black and my face was lightly tanned. my shirt was just a regular blue T-shirt and i have dark blue cargo pants on. My shoes are brown sneakers. My arms are rather muscular now that i think of it. I took my shirt off and tossed it to the side. I unzipped my pants and jumped out of them and leapt into the water. I gasped at the freezing water and looked down to see the bottom was rather far. I saw my chest was flat and no upper body muscles. My legs were in great shape to not that much of a surprise. I was the lead runner on track team in college. But that was over two years ago.