Chapter Three- Periedolia

   I grabbed the fish by its back fin and brung it out of the water. It flopped around in the air as its gill's searched for oxygen filled water. I threw it on the shore and went under once again. I went to the bottom and searched for turtles of some sort. i reached into seaweed and moss. But only to find an oddly shaped gem. I quickly grabbed it and swam to the surface. It gave off heat in my hand. It was orange and somewhat transparent. I looked 'into' it. What i saw, i would never forget. I saw my fathers face when i saw it two years ago when he gave me the ticket. He had a look of despair. I was taken away from reality for five seconds before i realised i was underwater. I tried to swim up but i couldn't, something was holding my foot. i kicked rapidly and began to panic. The darkness swelled around me until i was enveloped completely. My eyes opened quickly and saw that i was not drowning but instead, laying on the shore with the gem in my hand.

   I grabbed my shirt and jumped in my pants. I zipped them up as i was walking. My shirt held three fish and the gem. I jogged the rest of the way home. I walked up to the hut and grabbed my sword as i did. I walked in through the doorway and dropped my shirt. I dropped to my knees and unfolded the makeshift sack. I pulled the first fish out and skinned him. I did the same with the other two. i then went outside and lit my campfire. i then stuck a metal rod into the first fish and held it over the fire. After it was cooked to my standards, i sat it in my hut and did the same with the other two fish. After i cooked them, i put out the fire and went into my hut. I picked up one fish and stuck it in my mouth. I bit into it and felt the grease slide down my chin. I moaned as i chewed the first real meal Ive had in quite a while. i swallowed and took another bite. I ate the other two in one bite! after my stomach had stopped growling, i layed down. But then i noticed i forgot to close up my door. I took a few planks and nailed them to the open doorway. I then layed down for good and went to sleep. 

   I felt the wooden planks hit me in the scrotum before i woke up. I flew up and grabbed my crotch as i experienced excruciating pain. I winced and was mumbling to myself. I opened my eyes and looked over to my door to see her again. "Rise and shine!" she had a look of glee on her face. 

I quickly thought of a reply,"Why did you knock down my....door?!?! On me?" i spat out as i was still feeling the pain. "You call that a door? i thought you were trapped in here!" she teased me.

I stood up and searched for my shirt. I found it lying by the 'door'. i picked it up and slid it on.

I needed to know her name. "So, whats your name?" i asked casually.  "My name is Janette. whats yours?" she asked to keep the conversation going. "Mine is Steven. My last name is Lowden."

"That's a nice name. Hey do you have a pick axe?" She seemed curious. I looked to get my sack and located it. I did a sort of lunge and kneel move. I picked up my bag and looked through it. I grabbed the wooden pick. I took it out and gave it to her. "You need an upgrade on tools and weapons, you know that?" She considered. "Well yeah i guess so. what would I need a better pick axe for?" It sounded like a stupid question, yet I still didn't understand. She flung her arms in the air and looked dumbfounded, "Well to dig faster and to break strong materials of course!" I felt even dumber now that i thought of it. 

     She shook her head and walked out the door. "Follow me, were gonna start a mine." I shrugged and followed her outside. my eyes wandered down her back and to her hips. I realized what i was doing and corrected myself. I looked at the sky and saw it was very cloudy in the distance. It looked like it was gonna rain soon also if it kept coming this way. I looked back at Janette and saw she was already underground. I heard a snap and she cursed. "hey, you ok?" I yelled as I walked to the hole. A stick flew out the hole and hit my crotch. Again she managed to hurt me. I bent over and groaned as the pain burned through my legs. I looked up and saw another stick fly out the hole and it smacked me in the nose. I screamed and flew to the ground. "What the hell!" I yelled on the ground. Is this girl trying to kill me or something? 

  She jumped out of the small mine with her arms full of stone. She looked at me as she walked back to the hut and chuckled. I winced and my vision got dark. i looked at the ground and saw the large pool of blood. I could feel a stab of pain in my face and my hand flew to my face to feel for the gash. I felt it and it burned. " Oh no." I became shakey and i quickly got up and my legs began to shake. I wobble slowly to the hut and fell to my knees in the doorway. I looked behind me. And what i saw made my lips quiver and my heart skip a beat. The green four-legged creature slowly creeping its way across the clearing. Its face had no features. The large black frown was empty as well as its eyes. I felt hands on my shoulders and whipped my head to see Jenette kneeling beside me. "Oh my god...your losing alot of blood. I didnt see that gash before." She pulled me by my under arms and lay me down beside the wall. The gash was beside my right eye and down my cheek to my chin. I raised my arm slowly and pointed out the door. She looked at my hand and looked out the door.

   She screamed and pulled out her sword as she saw the creeper walk in the hut.