Ni ~ Suspicions

2- Suspicions

- - - - - -

"Karin and Suigetsu," Ino breathed out. She began fiddling with her fingers as she looked down at the lunch table. "I'm okay with this Suigetsu person... I mean, obviously, the kid's a boy. But..."

"Karin's a girl." Sakura finished.

I gave them a confused look as I tapped my fingers against the table. It was like they were quickly judging this Karin person. Maybe they see her as a threat. I took a deep breath, looking from Sakura to Ino. "So what if Karin's a girl? Isn't that a good thing? There's barely any girls in our class anyway."

"I know, but... she doesn't sound very trustworthy."

"Oh, come on," I rolled my eyes at them. "The only thing you know about her is her name."

"You never know," Ino shrugged. "At her first sight of Sasuke, she may go after him. Mostly every girl did that when they saw him."

I pursed my lips together. I looked away from the two and down at the table. I stopped tapping my fingers onto the table and responded. "Yeah, but the only thing they can do is drool over him. And it won't be any different for this new girl."

Sakura sighed. "Whatever you say, Yuri-chan."

The subject of the conversation ended right there. We began talking about other things. Mostly about how our project with our partners went. Obviously, they didn't ask for my side of the project because they knew how it ended off.

Ino's side was pretty interesting. She told us that Naruto's parents were ironically calm compared to Naruto (I knew this already, but Sakura didn't know.) and that he was more under control when he was at his house. Basically, he was only loud when it came to school. Maybe his parents were strict, too...

Sakura didn't complain about her side of the project as much, but that doesn't mean that she didn't complain at all. She complained about how Shino was into bugs and the fact that his bugs would always crawl onto her arms, her legs, even into her hair. But overall, she said she did enjoy her time learning more about bugs.

The whole project discussion took up most of the lunch period, leaving us with only five minutes left until we had to go back to Kakashi-sensei's class. Our moments of peace and quiet burst like a bubble when Naruto decided to butt in.

"Hey, girls!" He glomped Sakura with a grin on his face. Sakura looked even more annoyed than she ever was, but she didn't even bother shoving Naruto off of her.

Ino nodded at him, nearly laughing at Sakura's expression. "Naruto."

Wait a minute... if Naruto's here, wouldn't--

"Sayuri," I turned my head, realizing how close Sasuke's face was to mines. I scooted away from him a bit before smiling at him.

Naruto lets go of Sakura, grinning at the sight of Sasuke putting his arm around my shoulders. "Well, will you look at that! Sasuke's at our table and he didn't get kicked out by Sayuri!"

"Baka, we're together."

Naruto blinks as his expression became blank. "Really?!"

"You're slow."

He scoffed. "Whatever."

Ino decided to get back to the subject of the new students. "So, Sasuke," Sasuke turned his head, emotionlessly looking at her as she began to talk. "Sakura and I have been thinking... this Karin person is obviously a girl. And we thought that she might start going after you at first sight. I thought you'd need to know about our suspicions since you're actually with our best friend here."

"So?" He shrugged. "It's more likely that she's not any different from the girls here, especially Sakura."

Sakura huffed, looking away from Sasuke.

"And besides, I'm hooked to Sayuri now. She won't get to me if she tried."

Ino smiled at him. "Nice to know that you're a faithful hottie."

~*~

Naruto tries his best into shoving himself in between me and Sasuke, but Sasuke wouldn't budge. He holds onto my waist tightly as Naruto made a second attempt. After failing the second time, he grunted. "Okay, we understand that you two are official, but can you maybe not be all lovey-dovey in public? Ever heard of 'no PDA'?"

Sasuke smirked at the blonde. "You'll understand when you get a girlfriend, Naruto."

He finally lets go of my waist as we walk inside the classroom and head to our seats. You can probably guess what Naruto did upon seeing this sight. He cheered and began shouting, "Victory!"

I playfully rolled my eyes, shaking my head as I began walking up the stairs to get to my seat. As I sat down, the room starts to fill with my classmates as they walked in calmly and talked quietly. When everyone takes their seat, Kakashi-sensei walks in with a folder in his hands. But this time, two people followed him in. Scratch that. Two students followed him in.

One of them was a male. Suigetsu. His hair was colored white. It also looked thin and it reached down to the top of his neck. His teeth looked sharp and pointy. His eyes looked like they were lavender colored, but slightly darker. Suigetsu wore a v-neck with a similar color and black jeans.

The other was a female, possibly identified as Karin. Her medium-length hair and her eyes (which had brown glasses over them) were red. Her outfit consisted of a lavender sweater and black jeans with black flats. Wow. She and Suigetsu were pretty much wearing the same outfit. It was either a mere coincidence or they were close friends.

I look at Sakura, who was beside me. She looked as if she were already judging the two... mostly Karin. She had her eyes on the redhead. She was glaring at her. I was sure Ino did the same thing.

"Listen up, everyone," The classroom soon got quiet in a matter of seconds as everyone had their eyes on Kakashi-sensei. Some people's eyes wandered over to the students that stood behind them. He was surprised at how quickly they turned to face him. Kakashi-sensei shook his head and continued on. "It's pretty self-explanatory. The new students have arrived a little late, but overall, they're here. This is Hozuki Suigetsu," he gestures over at the white-haired male, who smiled and nodded once as he stuffed his hands into his pockets. "and this is Uzumaki Karin." The redhead slyly smiles, looking around the classroom as some people either waved or greeted the two back.

"Ooh, Karin!" Naruto shouted. "I was wondering why you looked so familiar! Heh, looks like you'll be having another Uzumaki in class, huh, Kakashi-sensei?"

"And I just HOPE that Karin won't be as irritating as you are."

Naruto crossed his arms, grunting stubbornly. "Whatever."

Kakashi-sensei smirked through his mask. He turns to Suigetsu. "Suigetsu, you take a seat next to Ino," he orders. He turns to Karin as Suigetsu walks up the stairway. "and you, Karin, take the seat across from Sasuke."

I watched as Karin walked up the stairs and sat down in her assigned seat. I couldn't help but notice her looking at Sasuke and smiling at him. And let me tell you... it didn't look like a friendly smile. It was like she was silently flirting with him!

"Sayuri, are you okay?" I averted my eyes from Karin and looked back at Sakura, who was pointing down to my hands. "You tensed up all of a sudden..."

I looked down at my hands that lied on the desktop. She was right. My hands were clenched into fists. Tight fists. My knuckles were already colored white. I tried to unclench them, but found myself not wanting to. Was I angry? Upset? Jealous?

Well, crap. Now I'm having suspicions about Karin, too...