Kyuu ~ Sayuri's gone ballistic

9- Sayuri's gone ballistic

- - - - - -

After Ino, Sakura, and I got into a small argument on "how it was a big mistake to let Sasuke leave with Karin", we both decided that we would leave it all to Naruto to tell us what was going on with the three through the phone. Of course, Naruto left us and began silently following the three while Sakura, Ino, and I began walking back to my house.

Nothing interesting really happened. I didn't talk as much, so I was pretty bored. We were able to ditch the subject of Karin the whole way back, and boy was I relieved.

Somehow, we ended up in my front yard in less than ten minutes, which was quicker than usual. I shrugged off the thought as we made our way to the front door.

I didn't even have to knock or ring the doorbell. I knew Mom was looking through the windows as usual. As we stopped in front of the door, it swung open, revealing my mother. "Okaeri (welcome home), Yuri-chan," She greeted. Her eyes immediately met with the other two girls by my side. "Oh, you two! I've missed seeing you around here."

Sakura and Ino smiled brightly at Mom. "Hi, Mrs. Nakahara!"

Mom steps aside to give us enough room to step inside of the house. We drop our bags to the side as Mom shuts the door. We were about to walk to my bedroom until my mother cuts in, "So are you two sleeping over?"

"Um," I say in a low voice. I turn my head to look at Mom. "It's only Tuesday."

She shrugs. "Well, doesn't matter. We live close to the school anyway."

Sakura butts into our conversation. "We'll ask our parents in a bit."

After that little moment we had with my mother, eventually we got to my bedroom. And immediately, the two girls flopped down onto my bed, leaving no room for me to squeeze. I playfully rolled my eyes and resorted into sitting down on my computer chair.

"Is it too early to call Naruto?" Ino suddenly blurts out.

I sighed. "Yes, yes it is."

Sakura sat up. She scooted back on the bed so she could lean back onto the wall. She pulls her legs to her chest, wrapping her arms around her lower knees. "And besides, what if we get him caught? Maybe that idiot forgot to put his phone on vibrate."

"If it'll make you any happier, we'll call Naruto in fifteen minutes. Okay?"

Ino looks up at me and groaned quietly. "Fine!"

Sakura pursed her lips together. She looks around the room in wonder. After a few seconds, she takes a deep breath. "I'll call him when the time comes, then..."

"Meanwhile, why don't we just call Sasuke?"

I shrugged. "We'll see."

~*~

Naruto plays with the string of his orange and black sweater as he hides behind the tall menu book he was given a few minutes earlier. About seven minutes earlier, he was following the group of three from far behind, and somehow they led him to a café a block away from the school. As an attempt to stay hidden, he put on his sunglasses and lifted his hoodie over his head whilst walking inside and sitting to a table that was far from where they sat, but still close enough to see them.

He watches as Karin, Suigetsu, and Sasuke engage in a small conversation. Naruto sits there for a long while before his eyes squint slightly as they see the sight of them suddenly laughing. Yes, even Sasuke was chuckling.