SanJyuu ~ Starting over

30- Starting over

- - - - - -

When I said those words... well, it's safe to say that Sasuke glomped me in pure happiness. At that moment, I grinned while he continued to hug me, occasionally giving me a squeeze. As for Kiba, he surprisingly took it pretty well. I felt bad for him, to be honest. I felt as if I led him on because I sought comfort from him when Sasuke was with Karin, and then I left him when Sasuke wanted to take me back. I hoped that he didn't think of it that way.

Kiba and I decided to remain friends. He understood that my heart still belonged to Sasuke and didn't want to trouble our relationship any longer. And besides, I think I saw him more of a best guy friend anyway.

When I broke the news out to Sakura and Ino, they were upset about it at first. They said things like "He didn't trust you and he cheated on you!" and "Why did you take him back?" But eventually, they got over it and chose to accept our relationship. Ino said she'd still keep an eye on Sasuke, but that didn't matter to me. As long as she's okay with us being together, I'm satisfied.

After the final period ended, Sasuke had asked me to come with him to his mansion so we could spill the news to Itachi and catch up with what we missed because of our past problems. I happily agreed to it, and after a phone call with my mother, he and I got into his car and made our way to his house.

When he pulled in on the driveway, I noticed that Itachi was standing by the doorway. His arms were crossed and his face seemed emotionless as he watched Sasuke park the car. I furrowed my eyebrows as I turned my head to look at Sasuke, taking my seatbelt off. By the smirk he had on his face, I knew what he did right away. I sighed. "You texted him about us, didn't you?"

"Not really," he says as he takes his keys off of the ignition. "I told him to wait for me by the door. If I were to tell him that we were back together, he would be running to the car by now. Either that or he wouldn't have believed me."

I ended up shrugging it off as we both stepped out of the car. And that was when Itachi's emotionless face turned into a stunned one. I slyly smiled as Sasuke and I began walking toward Itachi, who instantly shouted, "Sayuri?!"

I nodded once. "Hey."

"Are you guys seriously back together?"

Neither of us answered his question and walked past him and through the door. I felt an arm snake around my waist as I walked into their living room. I was in the middle of turning my head to look at him when I felt his lips on my temples. I immediately turned my head back and blinked as I heard him let out a chuckle.

"I'll take that as a yes," I hear Itachi shut the door, and Sasuke takes his hand off of my waist as we both made our way to the kitchen.

I took a seat on the dining room chair while Sasuke and Itachi walked over to the countertop. I watched as Sasuke leaned back on the counter, crossing his arms. "I didn't think Sayuri would agree to being my girlfriend again."

"Consider yourself lucky," Itachi grabs a water bottle out of the refrigerator and shuts the door with a smirk on his face. He looked over at Sasuke from the corners of his eyes. "She's one of a kind."

I playfully scoffed. "Sure. Call it that."

It didn't take long until Itachi had to leave to buy some groceries. Well, I believed that he used that as an excuse to leave me alone with Sasuke. I didn't mind, though. It's just that I wouldn't be alone with Sasuke for long; Mom told me that I needed to be home by 4:30.

Right when Itachi left the kitchen with his car keys, Sasuke gestured me to come over to him. I playfully rolled my eyes as I stood up from my seat. I teased him by walking slow, but he didn't seem to notice as it looked like he was "mesmerized" by my looks, or at least that's what he told me when I reached him.

"I hope you know," he started. "that you're stuck with me for life, because I'm never letting you go."

I shook my head with a smile. "Cheesy much?"

Sasuke smirked. "It doesn't matter."

"True," I shrugged. I smiled up at him as I took his hand in mine. "So, I guess this means you'll learn to trust me next time?"

"Of course," He gives me a quick chaste kiss on my lips, gripping my hand tightly. When he pulled his lips away, Sasuke places his forehead on mine, shutting his eyes. "That way, I'll have your permission to kiss you in places other than your lips and neck."

I immediately pushed him away from me, gaping my mouth open. I laughed as I began running out of the kitchen. "Goodbye!"

After a few seconds, Sasuke followed right behind me as I ran to the doorway. "Sayuri, I meant your hand, you baka!"

I knew that wasn't what he meant, but that's okay. At least I knew that I wouldn't have to regret taking him back by the looks of our relationship now. I was sure that I made the right choice. And hopefully, we could be able to face any obstacles together from this day on.