Another Lost Friend

January came and it seemed as though Mykal was about to snap. Her principle was on her last nerve, I knew it would be a matter of time before Mykal would snap and all hell would break loose. Often times to calm down we would go for trail rides, trails are where Mykal can think the best. Rayna began coming to the barn again about midway through the month. I tried to show the puppy that I would not hurt her again, however she was horrified. No matter how hard I tried I could not convince her that she would be safe.

We would ride in the big fancy dressage arena where Mykal and I did as many flying lead changes as we could before I would get excited and take off bucking. Mykal would smile and laugh when I bucked, she loved the feeling of it, and after all she knew I would never hurt her on purpose. Along with trying to get Rayna's trust the best news came that month. Tyllore was coming to visiting June.

Mykal has always had an interesting taste in music. She often shared this music taste with Mick. She would have her music blaring in her aunt's barn as she cleaned it. Mykal would later tell me about these days with Mick. When she used to sing. There were two bands she recently started listening to that I know she wished she could share with Mick, "Pierce The Veil" and "Sleeping With sirens". Often times she would have her ear phones in while grooming me, humming the songs I could tell that to her the songs meant something, I'm sure she will eventually name a horse after a song by one of the bands, after all I got "Glorious Way" from a song. I know for curtain that my girl will one day have a song named after the song "Helena" by "My Chemical Romance", that was a song that Mykal often sang to Mick.

I often miss the days at Bridlewood where Mykal would be playing music in the breeze way, she would dance and sing, making me so thankful I am that I have a teenager as an owner. She would sing anything from, "Carrie Underwood" to "My Chemical Romance". Half of the time when Mykal was singing Michaela would walk into the barn and begin to laugh. It has been our long time in Texas that has made me miss Bridlewood.

February was a long month, not in days but in emotions. It snowed on my twenty eighth birthday, which I must was a beautiful thing however Mykal could not get out to see me. The next day however I was surprised when she brought me a huge bucket of beat pulp and my own beer, turning twenty-eight is an amazing thing. Rayna began to come to the barn more, giving "The Rocking M Stables" lots of energy.

It happened that month; Mykal snapped, had a panic attack and cussed out her principle. I knew it would happen eventually. Mykal brushed it off with grace however. Coming to the barn the next day, casually told me what happened, then told me news that shattered us both. Delenn was dead.

That magnificent Oldenburg mare was dead. All of the things we had been through together should have been engraved in stone, the move of barns, and the trail rides, exploring the base... it was as though someone tore a piece of history away from our life in Washington, that piece was Delenn. However the mare died at peace, resting her head in Michaela's lap as she went to sleep, the way that any horse should get to go is the way that Delenn did, sure bad things caused her death but she left this earth is her owners arms, and that owner loved her as much as life.

As the month went on I saw Mykal less and less. When I did see her it would be late in the evening. "I'm in detention." She'd say as she brushed me.

I would nod my head and deal with it, knowing that all of this shit with school would be over soon.

In March Mykal went to Washington for three days, and San Antonio to see her boyfriend for three days. Once she was home she said something we had never quiet considered. When Mykal looked at me and asked, "Boo, are you really twenty-eight?" I realized that I myself was not sure of my age. This raised all sorts of questions for me, how old am I really? I must have lost count somewhere along the line... how do I not know my own age?