Epilogue

"I had a great time tonight." Dan smiled when Phil pulled over in front of his building. They had been dating for a few months now, they just couldn't keep away from each other.

"I'm glad." Phil smiled pecking his lips.

"Do you want to come inside for coffee?" Dan asked kissing him once more.

"I'd love to." The two walked hand in hand into Dan's apartment. Dan unlocked the door and could hear Jake and Chris laughing and shouting probably playing one of his games.

"Welcome back love birds." Chris smiled looking up at him. Jake got up from the couch and jumped into Dan's arms in excitement.

"Woah, careful." Dan laughed catching him.

"Oops sorry daddy." He giggled hugging onto Jake. "Daddy I beat Chris at five games again!!"

"Hey, maybe I was letting you win!" Chris joked.

"I highly doubt that." Phil laughed, Jake reached for Phil who took him into his arms and hugged him tightly.

"Thanks for watching him Chris. I really appreciate it." Dan smiled.

"It's no problem at all. I love watching Jake, it sure beats doing nothing at home." He laughed getting his things. "Anyways I'll see you around."

"Alright Jake, bedtime." Dan said picking Jake up and taking him to his room. He took out a clean pair of pajamas for Jake to change into and tucked him in. "Good night, I love you."

"I love you too daddy." Jake yawned. He gave Dan a goodnight hug and grabbed his stuffed bear that he usually slept with and closed his eyes. Dan smiled and turned on his nightlight knowing he can't sleep without it and then went back to the lounge where Phil had already made coffee. They talked for hours and Phil decided to stay the night, it was too late at night anyways. The cuddled up together and Phil traced his finger along the scars on Dan from the accident months ago.

"These scars aren't going to go away are they?" Dan sighed.

"The scars will remain but they're so much better than before." Phil assured him.

"Phil, can I ask you something?" Dan asked looking at Phil who modded, "Do you love me?"

"Yeah I do, I love you so much." He smiled.

"I love you too." Dan smiled cuddling closer to him. Phil put his arms around him pulling him closer, holding him close to him. Dan loved that feeling, the warmth of Phil's body, the feeling of being loved, something he never felt for so long.

"We've been dating for a while now, how about we move in together." Phil suggested. "We can look for houses with big backyards were Jake can play and we can garden."

"I didn't know you were into gardening." Dan laughed. "But it sounds great, I would love to."

"What are your thoughts on marriage.. Just a question."

"Well I definitely think that we're heading that way if that's what you mean." Dan smiled kissing his nose.

"You really think so?" Phil asked smiling.

"Yeah really, and moving in and getting married are just two of the many moments I want to share with you."

"I feel the same."

"You know Phil, people would say that the accident was the worst thing that happened to me, but I met you because of it." Dan smiled, "And I wouldn't change a thing because I have something I wanted, someone to love, someone who loves me and someone I want to spend the rest of my life with. I'm glad you were the one to find me."

"But for the sake of our future, lets hope something like that never happens again no matter how romantic it makes the circumstances." Phil joked, and then kissed him softly. "I love you so much."

"I love you too babe."