01 | long time no see.

•••

Malia, 15

9 years ago

I hear the doorbell ring, as my older brother Ian runs to the door. "My friend is here! Yay!" He says in excitement. "Mommy?" I ask, as I get up from burying my head into my mom's arms. "Yes hunny," she replies. "Who's brother's friend?... Is he nice?..." I curiously ask, innocently.

"He's a sweet little boy, like you," My mom smiles and kisses my forehead. My mom gets up from the couch, and walks to the front door. She opens it, and there I see, a quite tall and quite handsome young boy holding a toy gun. Hm, maybe Ian and his friend will be gun-fighting. I wish I had a friend. A best friend. That would be awesome.

"Nice to meet you hun," I hear my mom say, happily. This boy seems really nice. I think I wanna be friends with him too.

***

After my mom and Ian's friend's mom talk, I head straight to my room so I can play with my stuffed animals. "Ahh, I wish I had a best fri-," Before I finished talking to myself, both Ian and his friend walk into the room. Me and Ian both share rooms, so half my room is all rainbows and princess while the other half is guns and Star Wars. Yes, Ian likes Star Wars.

"Oh, by the way, this is my little sister, Malia. Or Mal," Ian introduces me to his friend.

"H-hi," I say shyly. "Hey Malia," Ian's friend smiles. "I'm Shawn. Nice to meet you," he shakes my hand. I go with it. "Nice to meet you too, Shawn."

Shawn, that's his name.

***

9 years later

"MALIA WARBURTON," My best friend, Leah, screams my name. "YES?" I reply.

"J-J-J..." Leah stutters. "J-J-J what?" I laughed.

"JUSTIN DREW BIEBER IS COMING TO OUR CITY," She cries out. Holy shit... I have to see him. This is important.

"WE HAVE TO SEE HIM. WE HAVE TO."

While 'fangirling', Ian comes into my room. Yes... We still share rooms. It sucks. "What's all this 'oh my gosh!' stuff about?" Ian teases the both of us. I roll my eyes, and continue scrolling down on Instagram. "Justin is coming to San Francisco," Leah says excitedly. "Oh, the Biebs. That's what all of this is about," Ian laughs. "Hey, I'm gonna go take a shower-" I interrupt. "You need it. A LOT," I laughed. "I wasn't finished... Look, Shawn's coming over and if he ever doorbells, I need you to get it, alright?"

I haven't seen Shawn in ages. He moved to different schools, but that didn't stop him from being best friends with my older brother, Ian. They've been friends for about 10 years now, and their friendship is still extremely strong. Sometimes, they'd go out and hang out. But, I'd never really see Shawn. I kinda forgot how he looks like too. I can only imagine a fetus photo of him inside my head. Also, Shawn s I were good friends too. We all use to play with each other, especially Shawn and I. But when I heard he was moving, I was devastated. Same goes with Ian. Now today is the day I finally get to see him again.

"I haven't seen Shawn in ages! How is he?..." I curiously ask. "Well, he's doing alright. I heard he's moving back to San Francisco. Him and his family are almost done packin' up," Ian stated. Wait, what? It's literally been so long since I saw him.

"Let me guess, you're probably curious to know how cute he is now. I'm a mind reader," Ian joked. Well, not necessarily. But, of course I'm curious to know how he looks like now, after years of not seeing Shawn.