07 | rumors

•••

School was awful. My whole day has been awful. I have now officially decided not to talk to anyone. Including Shawn.

"Honey! Dinner's ready," My mom yelled from downstairs.

"I'm not hungry!" I yelled back. "I'd rather jump off a cliff," I mumbled.

My life completely sucks. Now probably everyone has seen me and Shawn together, almost having a miracle. Maybe even... Ian.

"Mom bought pizza!" I hear Ian speak.

Oh damn.

I quickly head downstairs, and smell the fresh deliciousness of pizza. Mmmm. Delicious.

"I knew that would help," Ian laughed.

"Yes! Pizza, my favorite!" I hear a familiar voice speak, coming towards the family table.

Shawn...

"Oh, I didn't know you're here..." I mumbled, and slightly chuckled.

"Well hello to you too!" Shawn laughed as he sat down next to me.

"Wow, you're so nice," Ian sarcastically spoke.

I grinned, and mumbled "Thanks!..."

"Hun, are you on your monthly menstruation?" My mom questioned, as she laughed.

"Mom... No..." I mumbled.

"Alrighty then..." My mom chuckled as she raised an eyebrow.

***

While we ate, Ian took out his phone and started scrolling. Please don't be on Twitter, please.

"Uh..." I hear him say.

"What's the matter?" My mom curiously asked.

"Nothing, it's nothing," Ian shook his head and placed his phone on the table. He then started making glances at both me and Shawn.

SHIT. I'm screwed.

"Hey mom... Is it okay if I just eat in my room? I have a BUNCH of homework to catch up on. Plus an essay that's due next week. I don't wanna fail any of my classes!.." I lied.

"Yeah hun, sure! Make sure to catch up on all that work!" My mom grinned as she wiped her greasy hands.

"I will!..." I spoke as I headed upstairs.

Once I headed to my room, I was so relieved to finally get out of there.

Whew.

"Mal?..." I hear Ian's voice. I quickly turned around, and sat on my bed.

"Hey, look... I know what happened. Between you and Shawn. And I don't want to be too harsh on you for this..." He spoke with honesty.

"But anyways... I honestly didn't expect anything like this to happen. You guys kissed, and apparently you guys almost did... That? What is wrong with you?"

Okay, what the hell happened to not wanting to be "too harsh" on me?

Anyways, is this kid insane? He's crazy. Lauren is crazy. My whole life is crazy.

But... Is Lauren seriously creating rumors?

"Are you kidding me? Are you seriously gonna believe whatever Lauren puts online. First of all, no miracle happened. Second of all, we did not do... That!" I honestly spoke.

"How am I suppose to believe you..."

"I'm your sister, hello!... Look, why would I lie about this?..."