06 | pathetic

•••

Shawn

"Hey, my man!" Brian yells out, as he greets me. "Woah.. Man... Look at Cody's cheek! It's bruised as heck. I wonder what happened to him. He probably got into another fight," He shook his head in dishonor.

I paused for a while, as I looked down at the ground. Well, you see, I'm the one who gave him the bruised cheek. Haha. Funny right?

"Yeah, maybe he did get into a fight. He always causes trouble," Ian affirms.

"Yeah..." I mumbled.

"Hey, I'll be back, I'm just gonna talk to Rayah real quick. See you guys," Ian then leaves, as he finds his one and only. How cute.

"Man..." Brian shakes his head as he looks towards the benches where Mal is sitting.

"Dude, why are you staring at her..." Lyall asks, in a bit of a sassy tone.

"She's adorable," Brian admits. "Don't you agree?" He looks up at me. Ha, such a shortie.

"Hold on. I'll be right back. She's alone at this moment, so I'm just gonna hang with her for a bit," I glanced at Malia.

"Awhh!..." Brian awed, in a girly tone.

"Stahp..." I laughed as I caught myself blushing. Why am I blushing?... Hm...

"DUDE, THIS GUY IS BLUSHING!" Brian points at me and laughs hysterically.

"This is hilarious man..." Lyall laughs along with Brian. "Matt would have taken a pic of you blushing in a jiffy!"

"Guys, guys, seriously. I'll be right back," I spoke, as I walked up to Malia.

***

"Hey!..." I spoke happily, as I sat down next to Mal, and looked at her.

"Hm? Oh, hey Shawn!..." She grinned and put down her book. I can see that it's "Paper Towns". Hm, I've heard of that before...

"I just saw that you're alone, so... Here I am," I chuckled.

"Leah and Nick are running late, so here I am as well, alone!" Mal laughs and looks down. I adore her laugh, and smile a lot. It's gorgeous. She's gorgeous. 

Shawn...

Again, I suddenly feel our hands touch.

Second time, this happened.

"Sorry... Again..." Mal spoke, as she slowly put her hands in between her thighs.

"No, no, it's okay, haha... Second time that happened!" I chuckled slightly.

***

Malia

Our hands touched. Again. I don't mean to sound cliche, but I'm appalled. I just feel like the connection between us gets stronger and stronger each time we're both together... Just the two of us.

"You know, you don't need to apologize for every time our hands touch," Shawn chuckled.

"But wouldn't it be awkward for you..." I questioned, as I slightly mumbled.

"No," Shawn shook his head. "Not necessarily."

"So, you're saying it's okay with us holding hands when you have a girlfriend," I raised an eyebrow, confused.

"Wait, no, no, I'm not. It's just that... N-never mind," He shook his head and looked down. "Me and Laur broke up... Yesterday. I, uh, actually broke up with her."

NOT SURPRISED!

"Seriously?... Wow.." I enthusiastically spoke, like I was actually shocked.

"Yeah... She's just... A little too much, honestly. She overreacts over the most stupidest things. I'm sorry, but it's true. But, I'd rather not get too much into the details."

"Anyways, wanna tell me about the secret boy you're catching feelings for?" He raises and eyebrow, as he smirks.

"Um..." I nervously spoke.

"Haha, I was just joking. You don't have to," Shawn laughed. Whew, glad he was joking. I feel SO relieved.

"You know Shawn, I still can't get over what happened yesterday. I would have been the one getting the bruise if it wasn't for you," I grinned and looked at Shawn.

"I did it because I care," He smiled back and placed his hand on my thigh.

I gulped and shivers spread throughout my entire body.

I just can't get over his precious smile. And just everything about him.

***

"Can I just become Justin's one less lonely girl... Please..." Leah whined. "You will one day, I promise," I spoke confidently and smiled.

"Ugh. I hope so! It's been my dream sinc-Mal... Look who's coming..." Leah mumbled, as she started to look down. I look behind me to see who's walking towards us, and I see Lauren.

Well.

"Hey, Malia!... Can we talk, just us two?" Lauren politely asked, in a soft tone.

"Uhh. Yeah, I guess," I slightly chuckled.

She pulled me away from Leah, and we started the talk.

"Look, I was jogging around Shawn's neighborhood - and no, I wasn't stalking him. I live in the same neighborhood as him. And, I actually passed by his house. I saw that you were helping him move in. See where I'm heading?..." Laur asks, as she raises and eyebrow.

Maybe...

"Um... Yeah... Keep on talkin'..." I slowly nodded my head and gulped.

"Well, since the garage was open... I saw you two very close to each other. Like to the point where a miracle was gonna happen between the both of you... Are you guys, a thing?..."

Is this girl nuts?

"Hey look, I don't mean to be rude or anything, but why does it matter to you? I mean, I understand you guys broke up. But, now you're a bit curious to know whether we're in a relationship or not. Because we're definitely not. It must be some misunderstanding..." I shrugged my shoulders.

"Wait - how'd you know we broke up?" She questions.

"He told me."

"Of course," Laur slightly rolled her eyes and folded her arms.

"Hey, what's your problem?" I asked, a bit sassily.

"My problem? Look Malia. I still have feelings for Shawn. And knowing someone who's always flirting with the person I have feelings for seems horrifying to me.."

Flirting? I don't flirt. Shawn doesn't flirt either.

"You know, Shawn's right. You do get jealous easily. And besides, I never flirted with him. Never. Laur, you have to learn how to move on. He's moved on. And I think you should too... Well, anyways... I have to go..." I slowly walked away, and took a deep breath.

Once I walked over to Leah, she began to speak. "WHAT DID SHE SAY?" Leah asks curiously.

"She's jealous. Shawn's right. She gets jealous so easily," I spoke in a relieved way, as I shook my head.

"Damn..." Leah spoke slightly shocked, as she goes onto Twitter.

"I know! Plus she's creating assumptions and saying I'm flirting with him. So unbel-"

I get interrupted by Leah's gasp, as she holds up her phone and shows it to me.

"What? - Holy shit..." I spoke, shockingly.

This can't be happening. Did Lauren seriously....

Did she really have to fucking take a photo of me and Shawn, when he was holding my arms, at his house? Unbelievable.

And she posted it everywhere.

Pathetic.

•••