Heres to Us

"Hey Hart, you need a ride? " I looked around my locker door to see the infamous Nathaniel.
"Yea, give me a sec," I grabbed all my things and closed it. "Ready"
"You got enough stuff" Nate said pointing to all the things in my hands.
"Well since you insist you can carry my pre-calc book," I said shoving at him, "Don't you have practice today."
"Nah it got cancelled" he responded, "Are you going to chill at my house?"
" Sure, my parents are gonna come over dinner tonight anyway."
"Is your mom making cake?" he asked
"Yes she is"
I watched as he fist punched the air in excitement. We were in the parking lot and I threw my stuff into his back seat.

He started the car and pulled out of school. We were almost at his house when 'Stitches' by Shawn Mendes came on. He turned up the volume.
"Nate,please don't " I looked over at him. Then gave me a stupid smile.
"YOU WATCH ME BEAT TIL I CANT BREATHE, I'M SHAKING, FALLING ONTO MY KNEES AND NOW THAT I'M WITHOUT YOUR KISSES, I'LL BE NEEDING STITCHES !" he screamed.
I hit the button to turn the radio off "As I much as love that song, you are the worst."
I laughed.
"What you don't think I am a good singer? Because I think I have great voice. " he laughed.
"You keep believing that" I patted his arm.
"Thanks" he replied sarcastically.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was sitting at the dinning room table with Nate and our families, watching everyone talk and smile. Then Nate cleared his throat and stood up "Excuse me, everyone today is a important day in history."
"Your right today is World Peace day," Delilah, Nate's little sister said.
"Ha ha very funny, but no. Today is the day I met the greatest person I know, my very best friend Ms.Jayden Hart," Nate said. I smiled, then stood up next to him.
"To my best friend, the dummie, the weirdo, my better half Nathaniel Peter Thompson." I laughed.
"So to commemorate thses ten years heres to us " he said raising his drink. I raised mine,smiled, clinked our glasses, and took a drink.
"Come here" Nate pulled me into a hug.
I may or may not have the best friend in the world.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
After dinner my little brother Chase was playing with Nate's dog, Delilah was upstairs in her room and our parents were in the living room talking. Nate and I are in the tree house in the back yard.
This is my favorite place to hang out with Nates it has all our childhood memories in it.
"So I have been thinking on who I want to take to the game," Nate started.
"Look you don't have to take me I got them for you so you can take who ever you want." I said
"Well I will keep that in mind." he smiled.
"I have to tell you something. " I told him.
"What?" he looked up at me.
"Well, I um, Logan asked me out today," I mumbled out.
"You mean Logan Summers? " he asked.
I nodded.
"Way to go Jay! But I am going to keep my eye on him."
I laughed "I was thinking about your question from earlier today and the answer is yes."
"What are you tal...Oh! No way Jay you don't have to do that." he said.
" I mean its the least I can do after you helped me with Logan so why not?" I said.
Next thing I know is I am being spun around by Nate."You are the Best" he screamed. Then he tripped over his own foot and we fell down laughing.
" Some of my favorite memories have happened with you in this tree house" I said to him.
"Bet" he yelled.
"Your an idiot" I looked him.
We lied on the floor of the tree house not saying anything for an hour when he got up and put a CD in the radio. I automatically new which one it was. It was the one we made ' Nate & Jays favorite tunes'.
"No way" I smiled at him.
" Yes way" he said turning around.
All about love, dear
All about love

'Sit yourself down, take a seat
All you gotta do is repeat after me.

ABC
Easy as
One, two, three
Or simple as
Do re mi
ABC, one, two, three, baby, you and me girl!
ABC
Easy as
One, two, three
Or simple as
Do re mi'

It had all different songs from Jackson Five to Spongebob to Kim Possible, That's so Raven, Suite Life of Zack & Cody, Cory in the House & Hannah Montana, to B5, Jonas Brothers, & Cheetah Girls to Lion King all the way to Full House. To be completely honest I picked most of the songs.

Turned around and had a mic in his hand.
He screamed "I've been to the year 3000 ... Sing with me Jay" he said handing me the other mic.
"Not much has changed, but they lived underwater
And your great-great-great-granddaughter
Is doing fine
Doing fine

I took a trip to the year 3000
This song had gone multi-platinum
Everybody bought our seventh album
It had outsold Kelly Clarkson
I took a trip to the year 3000
This song had gone multi-platinum
Everybody bought our seventh album" We sang out loud. I looked at him and laughed I. He grabbed me from behind and spun me around.
"May I have this dance? " he asked.
"Of course you may?" I smiled and took his hand. We danced around til' my mom came and said we are heading out.
"Bye Jay" he said giving me a tight hug.
"Bye Nate, thanks for making today great." I said.
"Well thanks for making the last ten years great."
" I could not have done it without you. You are the best friend anyone could ask for. You mean a world to me" I squeezed him tight. I let go and as went down the stairs I heard him say

"I'm nothing compared to what are to me."