Surf

It was after lunch and Nate called to go to the bay. I told him okay and I went to get ready when Annalise walked in.

"Hey do you wanna go shopping ?" she asked.

" Um... I was going to the bay with Nate to go surfing, do you wanna come with us?" I offered.

"No, its okay I will hang out with Chase or I will call Veronica. Have fun." she said.

"Annalise, did you wanna tell me something?" I asked.

"No, but do you wanna have lunch together tomorrow?" Annalise asked.

"Yes, I would love too" I smiled.

"Okay, see ya."

After she left I put my bikini on, then pulled shorts and a tank on. I put my sandals on, then I walked to garage to get my board ready. Once I finished I put by the door and walked back into my room. As soon as I walked into my room Nate called.

"I'm here." he said.

"Okay, come in I will be down in a minute." I hung up.

I grabbed my shades and wetsuit, and went down stairs.

"Ready?" Nate asked.

"Yea let's get my board." I said. We went to the garage and I opened the door. He grabbed my board and put on top of his Jeep.

"Lets go!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I sat there taking it all in at once, then I ran in. Chills shot up my body, but nothing felt so good.

I paddled out, then I sat there waiting for a good wave. I looked to my left and saw Nate a few feet away on his board. He was staring at the horizon line in front of us when he said,"Here comes a good one."

I was about to asked what he was talking about, when I realized he was talking about a wave. Then I turned my board around to face the shore. I layed on my board and slightly turned my head.

"Now!" Nate yelled.

It happened so quickly, I popped up and the wave was amazing. Its the best feeling when you catch a good wave, and not wipeout. I was caught it the moment when Nate yelled "Jay watc..". I realized what he was trying to say after I was consumed by the water.

When I resurfaced I gasped for air.

"Jay are you okay?" I heard Nate, "Here get on your board and I'll bring you back to shore."

Once we reached shore I fell on the sand, exhausted.

"What were you thinking?" Nate said.

"Sorry Mom, I wasn't thinking. I am tired I'm going to sleep." I joked.

"Jayden Marie don't make me raise my voice," he laughed, "So you're okay?"

"Yea. I mean its happened before, no big deal, so stop being my overprotective big brother Nathaniel Dylan." I laughed.

Nate laughed "I don't know if its weird to have your pretend girlfriend call you her brother."

"You are seriously going through with this." I said to him.

He nodded.

"Okay but we have to tell Logan because today he asked if I wanted to be his girlfriend and I said yes."

"Okay we will but right now we are the only people here so let's just talk and enjoy it."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hours later we were still just sitting there talking to each other. It has always been a thing Nate and I have done. We talk and listen to each other for hours upon end. It is one of my favorite thing about him and us.

"Hey you feel like Italian ice ?" Nate asked out the blue.

"Yea but first let's take a few more photos, because this will be our first date." I said.

"Remember you have a boyfriend, and I am trying to get a girlfriend," Nate stated. "It's just pretend."

"Yea so what? Let's have fun and live a little...even if it's just pretend." I said to him.

"Alright, I'll get the camera." he said.

I turned and looked at the horizon feeling happy, warm, and calm all at once. Nate came back fiddling with the camera and I couldn't help but smile.

"What?" he asked walking toward me.

"Nothing, I just love being around you. Especially here." I smiled.

Something in this moment made me never want to leave and if I did I would want him to be right there next to me. Just like in second grade.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys!
I hoped you like this chapter. I know its a little weird but okay.

Anyways please don't forget to vote and comment.

Also go checkout my other book I just published 'The Bucket List'

Thanks a lot.

xx Liv