My Best Friend since Forever

Jay's POV
10 YEARS
10years ago today I became friends with Nathaniel Thompson. Yup 10 years Nate and I have been friends.Correction Best Friends.
Now we are in our third week of our Junior year of high school and we are closer than glue in a glue stick. Weird analogy I know. Anyways ever since we had our first class together in fifth grade people think we liked each other.

Hahaha...No
We are practically related, well not really. I will be the first to admit I did like Nate in fourth and fifth grade but, it was a silly elementary crush. No big deal, he knows about it so it's whatever.

For our 10th friendship anniversary, I got us tickets to see his favorite football team. When I say us I mean I got him two tickets but we would obviously go together. At least I hope he would take me.

I turned the corner to see a goofball with a stupid smile across his face looking at me holding a huge gift and balloons. "You are so dumb, Nate." I yelled at him. I walked up to him and laughing.
"Happy 10th BESTEST FRIEND FOR THE EVERNESS ANNIVERSARY !!!"Nate screamed in my face holding his arms. I couldn't help but give him a hug, he was the best best friend.
"You're a weirdo."
"But, I am your Best Friend making me your weirdo." he stated.
"That is right, don't forget that. Happy Anniversary. " I smiled.
" Soooo, what did you get me?"he asked like a child.
I unzipped my bag and pulled out his card and handed it to him.
"A card. That's it?!" he complained.
"Just open it."
He open the card read it the opened the envelope inside card that had the tickets. I saw him smile.
"Jay. You're amazing! You're the best, I love you." he said picking me up and spinning around.
After he put me down I said "I love you too. Your Welcome."
He shoved his gift at me "Your Turn"
I opened the box and saw a package of water balloons with a note written on it: for our success on the playground , winning the water balloon fight. Next I pulled out a jar with my favorite candy inside and my name on the outside. Then I pulled out a small jewelry box, inside wash a puzzle piece charm, on the front it said BESTEST and on the back it said Nate &Jay Sept. 16 2005. I looks up at him and smiled he showed me his keychain with the other puzzle piece. And Last I pulled out a black sweater that said My Best Friend is a Weirdo > don't steal him. I look up to see he has one that says the same thing except her.
"Ta-Da! Put yours on!"
I took my shirt off ( I have a tank top on) and pulled it on. The back of it had my nick name in purple and his said Nate in red.
"Thank You. I love it."
"You are two are adorable weirdos. " I heard Piper say from down the hall. Piper aka Pipes, has been my girl best friend since fourth grade when she moved here from Atlanta.
"Hey Pipes, take a picture of us," Nate handed her his phone."Get over here."
We took one regular photo, me on his back, goofy and he kissed my cheek and I acted disgusted then I smiled. All of a sudden Nate was acting weird.
"What?" I asked.
"There's Brooke." Nate pointed. Brooke is new to our school she moved from Oregon during the summer. I met her at an annual event, here in our small town in California north east of Sacramento, she is niceish and pretty. We hung out a once after that, then after the fist day of school we have barely spoken. Nate likes her and he's been talking to her and wants me to make him look good.
"I think I am going to ask her out today." He whispered.
"You can't do that Nate." Piper said.
"Why not?" he said looking over at her.
"Because today is you and Jay's anniversary and if you ask her out, she says yes, then you go out, make it to a year then you forget about yours and Jay's anniversary. "Pipes snapped at him.
"It's okay, I will go talk to her." I said walking away."Hey, Brooke"
"Hi Jay, what's up?" she asked.
"Nothing much. Anyways Nate has been talking about you."
"Really?"
"Yea. You should talk to him, you would be cute together. " I said.
"Oh. I don't know. Nate is great but he isn't like Bradley. I mean when was the last time he went on a date? If he stepped his game up and you know make himself more wanted then I might go out with him.Sorry." she smiled
"Well it was good talking to you Brooke, I have to go. Bye" I turned around and left. I walked back to Nate and Piper. "She is so mean." I said.
"What happened?" they asked.
"She said you are great. But then she was a jerk saying that you weren't her 'type' and then said your game is weak." I said,"but then she said sorry"

"Wow she's a bitch" Pipe stated like an obvious fact."Nate she isn't worth it."

"How do I get her to realize that I have it?" he asked me.

"Really Nate," he nodded. "Well you could always get her attention by making her jealous with another girl." I suggested.

"Yea what girl will go out with me so I can get another jealous." he looked at me.

"I don't know, but I have to go.See ya." Pipes waved goodbye.

I turned to Nate and I saw a look on his face. "What are you thinking ?"

He smiled,"Will you prentend to be my girlfriend?"