The Boy From Second Grade

Nate's POV

I remember walking in to her classroom that day with the teacher behind me because I got in trouble again. I had never talked to her or even seen her, but some how I got sat right next to her at the back table.
"Are you in trouble too?" I asked her.

"No I am coloring, but does that mean you are?" she said.

"Yup. I'm Nathaniel Thompson. What your name?"

"My name is Jayden Hart."

"Whaatt!?! You have a boy name! That's funny." I laughed.

"Your mean."Jayden said hurt.

"I am sorry. Do you wanna be friends?"

"Not if you will be mean to me." she said.

"Okay, but what do I call you? You need a nickname." I told her.

"I don't know," she thought.

"I got it! I will call you Jay and you can call me Nate."

"Okay so we are friends" she smiled.

"You bet'cha Jay." I smiled right back at her.

Jay's POV

I remember everyday after that with Nate. He would get in trouble once or twice a week to come talk, we hung out in recess, and partnered up during PE. Everyone thought we liked each other because we didn't act like either of us had "cooties". The best memory from second grade was the second to last day we had a water balloon mixed with paint fight. I was the last one from my class left and it was against a girl, a boy and Nate.
"Go Jayden" I heard my class root for me.

"This isn't fair," Nate screamed. Then he did the weirdest thing he left his side and walked over to me. "We can do this."

Then and there I saw a balloon flying towards me I duck just in time. I pick up a red balloon and threw it at the girl. I missed but she got out because a blue one hit her. I look and see Nate celebrating but just as he was Turing around a green balloon was head toward him.

"Nate watch out" I yelled. Then I picked up the balloon next to my foot and as hard as a little 7 year old girl can throw, I threw it at the boy. I watched him turn around and get hit right in his chest.
"Yaayyy" everyone screamed.

I ran over to Nate to celebrate

"Hey,Jay you did it!" he high-fived me.

"No we did it. Thank you Nate your the best," and with that said I gave him a hug and he hugged back.