-Chapter 6-

Abby's POV

Running

Running as fast as I could from the monster chasing me.

Calloused hands landed on my arms, yanking me backwards. A sickly grin sat on his face. "Miss me sweet cheeks?" His deep gravely voice asked as my eyes widened with horror. "Let me go!" I screamed, thrashing against the hold.

"Ah but honey," He teased and quickly threw his knife against my neck. "It wouldn't be as fun with only one player." He whispered in my ear, the cinnamon and minty breath making me choke back tears.

"Dean," I sobbed out as he laughed. "Deans gone babe." He taunted as I let loose tears dribble down my cheeks.

"NO!" I screamed with anger.
----------------------------------------------

"Abby," Dean's calm voice broke through my dream, dragging me out of that terror. "I can't." I whispered. I couldn't tell him, he'd hold all the guilt on his shoulders. "You can when you're ready." He replied softly without even asking why I said I can't. I clung to his body, trying to keep the moment forever. "It must have been pretty bad then." Dean whispered into my hair as we rocked back and forth.

All I did was nod and I could hear the soft sigh from Dean. "Did I wake you up?" I muttered, mentally swatting myself for my idiocy. "I've been up for an hour now Abs," I just nodded again, enjoying the comfortable silence passing between us. "It's not going to get easier is it?" I asked after several silent moments. Dean seemed to ponder for a moment, "Most likely not Abs, but we have to stay strong. For each other, for Sam, for Bobby, for everyone." He explained softly, sounding more like he was trying to convince himself more than me.

I knew he was. This amazing and glorious man held the weight of the world on his shoulders. From the moment his mother died to the future deaths in hunts he cant prevent from occurring. "You need to stop," I said sadly. "What?" Confusion laced into his startled voice. "Stop beating yourself up over the deaths of people we've met or have known. You can't prevent it, no one can. It's funny how fate works." I turn towards the green eyed man with a hopeful glint in my eyes.

"But maybe if I was there sooner or paid more attention-" I put my tiny finger to his lips. "No Dean, it's fate." I whispered as I watched him carefully. His eyes clouded with all sorts of emotion. From the underlying sadness and guilt to the simple joy of knowing someone saw his struggle. Dean was slowly crushing from the weight of the world resting on his shoulder. He sighed as he slowly nodded. "Yeah, you're right." He muttered and ran his hand through his hair. Bullshit. He didn't want me on his back any more than required.

"I don't want you to go." I admitted as tears clouded my vision. "I don't want to go Abby, but it was a choice between having you dead and not seeing you ever again or seeing you for a few months until I have to die. The second choice sure did sound so much fucking better." Deans sad smile made a small sob break free. "Who would have thought, that with only half a soul left, I'd be over here sobbing like a little bitch?" I teased through my tears and hoarse voice. Dean let out a small chuckle and shook his head, "You're crazy," He whispered as I smiled cheekily towards him.

"Tell me about your plan for when I'm gone." Dean blurted out as I curiously looked at him. "What I usually do; hunt, drink, and remain to be a super-bitch." I smirked softly, as Deans lips turned upside down. "I want you to attempt at the apple pie lifestyle, Abby. Maybe it can't be with me but with a great guy who will be so lucky to have someone like you." I bit back the sour, hot tears that wanted to escape. "Dean, you know I can't." I whispered and looked at him, biting my lip with immense pressure.

Dean glared at me. "Yes you will Abby, you deserve it. Make sure Sam tries to get a apple pie lifestyle too okay? You both really deserve it." Dean pleaded with sad green eyes. This was getting to him. I decided to try and keep my word to him, it was the least I could do for the one I loved most. I picked up his calloused hand in mine and began to trace its cracks. Sighing in content, he leaned deep into the pillows. "Go to sleep Dean, you need it." I cracked a sad smile as he snuggled close to me. I was going to miss him.