Chapter Five.

Amy leans on the inner walls of a bathroom stall, shakily writing into a small black diary. Her tears fall quickly, smudging the ink as it melts her emotions into the pages. She looks up at the window and glares at the sun for a moment. She looks back at her chrome watch before taking a breath and scribbling her notes again.

It’s been a few months since that day… Amy writes, the day I couldn’t tell Dream the truth. He should’ve been able to see it. We’re meant to be, doesn’t he see that? I mean…I’m meant to protect him. I will. That is my promise. He didn’t know I was peeking through the doorway when his father came to see him…he’s such a spitting image of his father. I can see why he looks up to him so much, just based off of his aura. But his father is right to be worried; Dream may not be ready for his destiny…Not without me helping him along the way.

I have to find a way to get through to him. I don’t want to sound jealous but…that Moni character is bad for him. She’s going to get him killed, and I can’t have that. I know he cares. He was so surprised when I left…when I let Mister Soulstar adopt me. They sent a hover-copter to pick me up and I left without a word. I can see Dream waiting for me to call him. But I can’t. I’ll ruin everything. I’ll lose control if I hear his voice say my name again like he always does…but while I’m away, he gets closer to Moni. They are best friends now and, even though he’s still close to Vision, guys are too stupid to see the dangers of a damsel in distress. The gang war is getting worse as well…becoming less like the Cold War it has been and slowly morphing into World War Four. I have to find a way to stop all of this without my jealousy tainting my actions.

Amy feels a dark chill spread through the room and stops writing. She looks up for a second and sees a huge shadow spreading across the walls. A dark gold tint floods the room, which leaves Amy numb and amazed.

“Jealousy is such an efficient fuel, though,” a dark, but soothing voice whispers through the darkness. “You may want to reconsider the words you just wrote.”

“What?” Amy says. “Who are you? Where are you?”

“Those questions are unimportant, but you may call me Pandora. I am here to help you fulfill your destiny.”

The darkness ripples like water and the deceitful voice echoes around Amy’s fragile thoughts.

“My destiny?”

“Yes, Amy. You see, your destiny is to help the Dreamweaver be the man he is meant to be. But, you can’t do that without the proper motivation.”

“I don’t understand. I don’t get what you mean or why you’re even here.”

“This is a divine intervention, Amy,” Pandora whispers. “Consider it a sign. You need to act on your emotions, for those feelings give you the power to save the ones you love.”

“The ones I love…” Amy mumbles, mesmerized.

Her eyes glaze over slightly as she falls into a trance from Pandora’s words.

“You may not see me, but you can hear me. You can feel my presence. You know my words are correct, you can feel that.”

“Yes,” Amy says, staring into the darkness that surrounds her.

“Let the jealousy sink in. Let it control you.”

Amy glances back at the small diary in her hands. She flips to the back of it where a huge heart is drawn on the cover of the book saying “Dream & Amy 4 Life” in huge, bold letters. She steadily holds her pen and draws a big crack in the middle of it. She starts to cry harder, feeling a wave of dark energy flow through her veins. Her eyes flood with harlequin, soon followed by a deep tangerine. A picture falls out of the book and gracefully hits the ground. In the picture, Dream has his arm around Amy, while laughing and smiling widely.