Chapter 5

Waking up with the curtains open I squinted as I covered my eyes groaning. "WHO THE FUCK OPENED THE CURTAINS!" I yelled then hearing the door slam open "Kellin if it was you. I'm kicking your ass!" I groaned again before feeling the blankets get ripped off of me. Looking up I see red long hair and a pair of green eyes looking at me amused "MORNING BITCH! Did you not get my text you ass hat?" Jess yelled giving me a hug. "How the fuck did you get here!" I yelled hugging her back as I sat up "Oh Adam said I need a few weeks off or some shit. So what better surprise to come see my awesome sister, and her band mates. Oh..Cake and Buke is here." she spoke hiding a smile as I jumped up rushing out the door.

Seeing Luke, Cal, and Becca sitting on the couches talking to Gabe, and Jack I ran over "Cake, Buke!" I screamed jumping on the boys giving them hugs "Oh my god! I can't believe you guys are freaking here." hugging Becca I sat across from them "How has tour been?" Cal asked giving Luke a look then glancing back at me. "Great, we've been all over so far. But Jess, Becca I need to talk to you two. Want to go walk around?" I knew the boys knew I kissed Jack, I could tell by the way they looked at me.

As us girls got ready to leave I heard Alex, and Jack come on to the bus meeting with Luke, and Calum. "Fuck. We need to sneak out the window." I whispered to them as I struggled getting the window open "What why?" Jess asked looking at the door then back to me "I kissed Jack, and I can't face him yet." I whispered finally getting this damn window open. "Come on I'll explain later." Climbing out the window we ran down the street getting far away from the bus as we could. "Alright whats going on?" Jess asked as we stopped running through the streets of New Orleans.

Walking to the French Quarter we got a table then ordered some tea, coffee, and beignets. "Okay, so the boys decided to go out drinking yesterday night. First Gabe, Justin, and I were hanging out and drinking having fun you know. Then Jack found me, and we started drinking and talking to each other about memories on tours with the bands. The pranks we pulled. Well we started walking around, and since I was sitting so long the alcohol didn't really hit me yet. So we headed back to the bus, and we watched some movies. We were talking for a bit, and he called me beautiful." "Awe, that's so cute." Jess, and Becca cooed smiling at me. "It is, but you know me I just denied it saying it was just the alcohol talking. He got really upset, and went on a whole rant saying that I didn't see my true beauty." I sighed taking a sip of my coffee and a bite out of the pastry. "Yeah, but Dani he wasn't lying he really does think you're beautiful. I hear Luke, and Cal talking about it all the time." Becca laughed smiling at me.

"Maybe..but anyways I just don't know what to say to him about it. I know it's just a kiss..but I feel like I'll just wreck it. I'm imperfect, and suck at relationships.." it was true I was always nervous, never thought I was good enough. He should be with a supermodel, not some tour manager for her best friends bands. Maybe my negativity, anxiety, and insecurities were getting in the way. I better man up because tonight was a concert. "Lets get back to the bus, the boys are gone. Only Alex is there right now." Jess spoke as she got up leaving money for the bill, and a tip.

Walking up to the bus Alex stepped out seeing us walk up. "Hello ladies, Hey Dani can I talk to you for a bit?" he asked as we stopped "Ugh yeah, I'll be in in a bit." I spoke looking at the girls as they stepped on the bus meeting the guys. I heard Gabe yell when he saw Jess making me laugh. "Lets go for a walk." walking over to a little river we sat on the bridge with our legs dangling over the side just looking at the sun set over the clouds. "Danielle I'm sorry about this tour. I was a total dick to you at the beginning and I had no reason to be." he looked over at me as I just looked out at the water that rushed by. "It's okay Alex." I sent a small smile his way. "I do have another question for you. Why the hell did you climb out the window of the bus?" He asked while laughing.

Looking over I couldn't help but laugh before answering him "Well you see Jack, and I kissed, and I freaked out." looking down again I heard Alex whisper an oh before speaking up "Dani, I kind of figured he was all smiley and told me. He likes you, and I can see why. You're very caring, and independent and more." he nodded smiling to himself "Why did you run away and not talk to him. Because he saw you to you know." Looking over at him finally I let out a breath "I guess I was scared. I'm not a supermodel, or some perfect skinny girl. I have flaws, mental instability, just a lot of growing I need to do. I feel like a burden to people." biting my cheek I started to panic my anxiety started fighting its way in. Mind was racing, and screaming that I said to much and I need to shutup and keep my mouth shut. Tears pricked my eyes as I looked over to see Alexs facial expression only to see that he understood what I meant. "Dani, you think you're a burden when you feel like that?" He asked grabbing my hand "Sometimes, I feel like what I do isn't special. But then sometimes it is." I say getting my words jumbled as I try to ease the panic coming. "Well what you do is amazing. You work with some of the greatest bands. You get to meet fans, and talk to them. I see you talking to fans even though you're an introvert. I've noticed that. You are very shy at times." he laughed nudging my shoulder.

"You help people Dani, even when they sometimes don't realize it. But don't push Jack away just because of your insecurities just talk to him okay. Also you can talk to me if you need it don't hide away in the stress." Standing up Alex helped me up as I gave him a hug letting the tears fall finally as Alex rubbed my back "Everything will work out in time. Just don't push away the ones that want to help and need you here." he smiled giving me another hug "Alright lets get to the concert." he smiled as we headed back to the buses.

After getting ready with the girls we got to the venue where the boys would be playing we got through sound check pretty fast, and making sure everything was set up for the concert tonight. As I finished getting all the gear ready and having Grizzle Martin get pictures of the guys he showed me some seeing the boys excited made me happy. Finishing up the guys were relaxing with All Time Low in the big dressing room with Luke, Cal, Jess, and Becca. Walking into the room my eyes met Jacks looking down I diverted my gaze over to Jess who was staring at me then mouthed something of to talk to him. I have avoided him all day. That was pretty fucked up of me.

Biting my cheek I didn't realize he standing next to me "Dani, can we talk." Looking up all eyes were on us as my face heated up "Yeah we can." I smiled a little before following him out to a secluded area on the roof where we could talk alone. "Danielle, why have you been avoiding me. You avoided all my texts, calls, and I saw you climb out of the bus window. Did I do something wrong?" his words were jumbled as he rushed them out "No, Jack no you didn't do anything wrong. I just panicked a little. That day my ex showed up out of no where and it freaked me out. He is crazy, and then we kissed and it added on to the stress." I watched his movements as I spoke "I loved kissing you I guess I just freaked out because I was drunk and I wished I wasn't drunk when it happened. I just have a lot of flaws so I backed away." I mumbled biting my lip nervously "Everybody has flaws. That's what makes people beautiful though. So you loved kissing me?" he smirked moving closer to me. My heart started to race as I backed up against the a/c unit on the roof "Yeah I did." my cheeks flushed looking up at him.

"Well how about a redo kiss then." he smiled cupping my cheek running his thumb over my chin then cheek. Goosebumps, and a chill went down and throughout my body as he leaned in "Is that okay?" He asked so soft feeling his hot breath on my lips "Yes." breathlessly as his lips connected to mine. Moving in sync my hand ran up his chest to his neck and around pulling him closer. Deepening the kiss I heard him groan making me pull away smiling. A little laugh escaped his lips as he lifted me up putting me on the air unit kissing me again before we heard the door fly open then hearing whistles. "Woo get it Barakat!" "Go Dani." "Get it girl." we heard everybody cheer as we pulled away laughing seeing everybody from Sleeping with Sirens, All time low, my sister, Becca, Luke, Calum, Michael, and Ashton standing there with Thomas Falcone, and Grizzle Martin taking pictures of us. "Guys stop!" I yelled laughing as I covered my face with Jacks body as it vibrated from him laughing. "Come on we got a show to do you sex beasts." Jess yelled laughing as I flipped her off.

The show was amazing and having my whole family here made it bittersweet as we rocked out. After the show we went back to the buses to play some bags as some of the guys crashed on mattresses that we got for the 5sos guys, and girls. Drinking, and playing bags while grilling out was one of the best nights. Sitting next to the grill with Mikey we watched the guys dancing with the boys, and girls. "I missed you guys." I whispered to my best friend more like little brother "I missed you to sis." wrapping an arm around him we kept drinking as we watched everybody just party into the night. Onto the next city to rock out.