Fire

After that period of desolation I had thought that the fire within my soul had been reignited.

And the scarlet blood that used to flow through my open wounds became Mark's of silver and gold.

I thought that my lungs were finally in taking the purest of oxygen after being starved for so long.

And my eyes were finally starting to see color once again.

I had thought that my senses were finally becoming immune to the numbness that came with my endarkend mine.

And my heart of ice was thawing out and starting to beat with the rhythm of my awakening soul.

But I was wrong.

My fire never went out. It just sat in the embers until something was kind enough to blow on it.

My blood never stopped flowing in the entangled rivers of my lifestream.

I had always been breathing. It was just around the pollution of toxic peoples breaths.

My eyes always knew color. They just lived in darkness for so long that black was the only color that they could see.

The darkness in my mind blocked out the sense of myself trying to pull it from the spiralling abyss and so I couldn't feel when I was trying to save myself.

My heart never became ice, it became the pulsing core of my once slumbering soul that was never really dead.

I was never really dead.

Just waiting for my time of awakening.