Pleasent Friendships

This. Sucks. Musical thought as she was scrubbing the floors of the kitchen after Fluorescent had a dinner party. She had to clean everywhere or else Fluorescent wouldn't be happy... Musical kept scrubbing the floors, hoping after she's done Fluorescent wouldn't tell her to polish it afterwards. Six years after I was left here by Gem... Ugh.

Though, over these past few years, she has gained friends, with the other slaves. Not only are they friends, but they are her teachers, too. She sees them everyday whenever she gets the chance. She only gets these chances when Fluorescent allows her to leave the house... Or when she sneaks out at night. Her best friends are Hickory Deli, a young colt with a yellow coat and an orange mane and tail, and Silicone, a filly with a light purple coat and a dark violet mane and tail. Silicone was more formal than the other slaves, Hickory... Wasn't formal at all. They were always dirty as they worked in the fields, it made Musical silently giggle sometimes.

After scrubbing for hours and hours, Musical finally finished her work, and Fluorescent allowed her to leave the house and be with her friends. It wasn't even a second before Musical was out the door, heading for the slave sleeping grounds. The overseers watched Musical as she ran toward the grounds, glaring for unknown reasons. Slaves greeted her as she ran through, smiling and waving. One in the fields tried to wave, but an overseer whipped near him, forcing him to continue his work.

Musical stopped in the middle of the grounds, confused as her friends weren't there. Suddenly, she is tackled by two ponies of which she recognized immediately; Hickory and Silicone.

"Hiya, Muse!", said Hickory. They all called Musical 'Muse' for short.

"Hey!", smiled Silicone. Muse smiled brightly at both of her friends, giving them a big hug, receiving two hugs in return. They helped Muse on her hooves, and Silicone spoke up. "So, what should we do for fun today?"

"I was thinkin' we could head on over to Ol' Granny's tent to hear some of her crazy stories!", Hickory suggested.

"How about we head over to Raspberry so she can give us a history lesson?"

Muse pulled up a sign saying, "We could go to Ginger for some food. I'm hungry!" Hickory and Silicone smiled and nodded at each other."Yeah!", both exclaimed. They all three ran off deeper into the grounds to find their destination. Soon they arrived at Ginger's small shack. Fluorescent may be harsh to the slaves, but he wants them to live.

Ginger was the best cook in the slave camp, no doubt. She has a minimun variety of ingredients for all her goodies, but she uses them just right to make delectable, mouth-watering food. The three friends arrived at her shack and were immediately introduced to the smell of fresh mushroom stew. They stopped just before the entrance to the shack as they all took in a deep breath of the smell.

"Oh I love me some good stew...", said Hickory, drooling on Silicone's hoof*

"Aww Hickory! Your gross saliva got on me!" Silicone thrashed her hoof around to get his saliva off her hoof. "I don't need your deoxyribonucleic acid on me!"

"Your wha?"

"DNA!"

"Oh."

Muse rolled her eyes at the two, questioning how they are friends when they are almost complete opposites. They're like magnets...

Ginger, a green pony with a yellow mane, opened the front door to see the three friends. "Well howdy there little ones," Ginger said with a big, bright smile. "Y'all here for some my stew?"

"You betcha we are!", Hickory replied with a nice smile.

"Well then come on in ya little whipper snappers!" Muse got confused hearing 'whipper snappers'. She'd been around Gem, Fluorescent, and the overseers most of her life. She quite recently was allowed to go talk to the slaves, and only now has she heard a few words and phrases.

The three friends entered the shack and sat down at a table as Ginger brought them bowls of the mushroom stew. Hickory, being a slob, when face first into the stew. Silicone had more manners, eating it slowly as she wipes her mouth each time. Muse did a mix of both, eating fast but still wiping her mouth afterwards.

Muse stopped for a bit as she looked at her friends as they ate and talked, then she turned to look at Ginger who was cooking more stew. Muse had great friends, what more could she ask for?

Freedom.