cнapтer 5

HAYDEN

We continued on walking for another hour in silence before Finn decided to pick up another conversation, hopefully this one didn't involve any drama or ways for jasper to get himself into trouble.

"I gotta know, why today after 97 years what changed"

"Who cares I'm just glad they did" octavia replies.

I on the other hand actually agreed with Finn it was a bit suspicious. How come they just randomly decided now was good time to send us to the ground. Like surprise were sending you test if the ground kill people or not and your the guinea pigs.

"Maybe they found something in a satellite you know like an old weather-" monty suggests.

"-It wasn't a satellite" Clarke interrupts.

"The ark's is dying" Clarke continues "at the current population level there's about 3 months of life support left"

We all shared a concerned look. I was shocked i couldn't believe they kept something like that. Though i suppose it was logical i couldn't begin to imagine the chaos if something like that got out.

"So that was the secret they locked you up for, kept you in solitary, floated your old man" Finn questioned.

"My father discovered the flaw, thought the people had a right to know" Clarke explained."the council disagreed, my mother disagreed they thought it would cause a panic, we were going to go public anyway when wells-"

"Dobbed in your dad" monty interrupted

"Anyway that's why today that's why it was worth the risk" Clarke continued "even if we all die at least they bought themselves some more time"

"There going to kill more people aren't they" monty asks concerned

"Good after what they did to me i say float them all" octavia exclaims strutting off.

"You don't mean that" jasper shouts.

"Is she serious there innocent" i exclaim

How could she be so inconsiderate. yes we get it every breath you take is illegal, but still you cannot wish for innocent people dead no matter how badly a handful of them treated you. They should of bloody floated her when they had the chance.

"We have to warn them" Finn says

"Thats what my father said" Clarke replies staring into his eyes for a little too long before walking ahead.

♢♢♢

As we continue walking i all of a sudden bump into the back of jasper. I glare at him why the hell was he stopped in the middle of the pathway.

"Oh dam i love earth" he says and follow his eyes to what he's talking about.

There stands octavia stripping, is this girl serious one minute she's plotting murders the next deciding she just doesn't feel like wearing clothes. Honestly someone needs to give this girl a leash, keep her under control.

Jasper continues to stare and i start to feel weird. My stomach drops and my fist clenched as i feel a surge of anger. Weird its probably because jasper's being an inaaprioate twat, yeah thats it. I elbow him for good measure shaking off the weird feeling brewing in my stomach.

"Stop staring you perv" i exclaim annoyed.

"Why you jealous" he replies smirking.