cнapтer 11

HAYDEN

After discovering the fingers and a knife beside them we gathered them up. Then we hurried inside to show them to Clarke and Bellamy, the self appointed leaders of camp. They were just as shocked as we were. After examining the blade Clarke spoke up.

"This knife is made of metal from the drop ship" she said.

"Who else knows about this" Bellamy questions concerned.

"No one we brought it straight here" octavia answers.

"What does this all mean?" I ask

"It means the grounders didn't kill wells it was one of us" she answers gravely.

So that was just it the grounders needed to get it line for we all apparently wanted to kill each other already.

"So there's a murder in the camp" jasper mumbled out.

"There's more than one murder in this camp" Bellamy comments "this isn't news you need to keep it quiet"

Clarke all of a sudden rushes over to the door before Bellamy steps across blocking her path.

"Get out of my way Bellamy" she threatens.

"Be smart about this" he says to her "look at what we've achieved the walls the patrols, like it or not thinking the grounders killed wells is good for us"

"Oh good for you, you mean" she argues back "what you keep people afraid and they'll work for you"

"Yeah thats it" he says.

"It good for all of us fear of the grounders is building that wall" he continues "and besides what you gonna do walk out there and ask the killer to step forward you don't even know who's knife that is"

"Oh really JM, John Murphy" she replies "the people have a right to know"

Just like she she pushes past him and i know for sure all hell is about to reign loose. To be honest i know murphy is a jerk but that doesn't mean he killed wells. As Bellamy said there is more than one murder in this camp.

♢♢♢

We hurried outside to find Clarke already at murphy's throat. The accusations began to fly as every stood back in shock. Of course he began to deny it keeping to the grounder story. The argument continued bringing in all of his murder attempts into it, jasper being on of them.

"You know what i don't have to answer to you, i don't have to answer to anyone" he yelled out trying to storm off.

"Come again" Bellamy speaks up arms crossed.

"Bellamy look i'm telling you i didn't do this" Murphy says moving towards him.

"They found his fingers on the ground with you knife" Bellamy mumbles to him.

It was true the evidence all pointed to murphy. For some reason i still wasn't convinced of murphy's guilt. I know he was an ass but still we were talking about accusations of murder.

"Is this the type of society that we want" Clarke addressed the growing crowd.

"You say there should be no rules does that mean we can kill each other without punishment" she continued.