Chapter 6

I would like to thank everyone who is reading this. And a huge love to everyone who has voted.

And now, introducing Kiera Knightley as Louise Rhodes. :)

...

My eyes traveled across the theater, the magnificent curtains the stage was decorated a sight to behold no matter how long I had been a regular here. As usual, the surrounding was dark. There was almost an eerie feeling pulsating in the atmosphere, that is, if one was not enchanted by the soft glow coming off the stage to take notice of it.

A soft humming started and my attention snapped back to the actors. The humming steadily got louder and my skin tingled along with it. The melody reminded me of those haunting songs played in historical war movies. There was a gasp that sounded from somewhere near my seat but I couldn't take a look to see who was probably tearing, as I myself was captivated by the beauty of it.

The humming lady was donning a flowing white robe that was swaying against some wind, her dark brown curls dancing along and it made her an ethereal sight. Her face was set in a concentrated frown with her mouth wide open but I could say she still was the most beautiful woman I have ever seen.

Her dark eyes startled me as we made eye contact. I could feel my breath hitch and my heart leap the longer she looked at me. After what seemed to be forever, she smiled and looked down before shyly looking up at me again – and I felt my insides grow warm.

An hour later, when the play was done, I stood at the back alley. The dirty way was empty sans garbage cans, and with the way my body was built, I was feeling rather safe.

The door behind me creaked open and I was just turning around to see who it was when something heavy landed on my back. Yet, I didn't panic. The gesture was something I was used to.

"Hah!" A gleeful sound yelled just beside my ear and I cringed. No matter how much I loved that singing voice, I didn't appreciate it that close in my eardrums.

I turned my face to the side to get a glimpse of shining brown eyes. The mouth that was producing a haunting melody earlier was now set in a mischievous grin.

"Did you see how great I was earlier?" She asked.

"Oh, please!" I teased. "You can't praise yourself, you know. That's narcism."

Her laugh echoed and a chuckle came out of me. Without much thought, I balanced her on my back and started walking, her pointy chin against my shoulders. I couldn't believe how lucky I was to get a hold of such beauty.

Louis Rhodes. 28 and 3 years older than me. A theater actress and damn good at it. To be honest I still didn't have any idea what I did in order to have her in my life. Her personality was just so big that I couldn't have hoped to contain her in my arms. She was the embodiment of all the good things in my life and I was forever grateful for having her. To be honest, she was the woman I wanted to spend my life with.

"How was your day?" She softly asked as I carried her onward. The people were giving us weird looks and small smiles, but we ignored them for the most part, already used to it.

"Hmm..." There were so many things that happened in the day. I personally met a guy who was a potential threat in my life – as he would most likely be the cause of an early heart attack. But where to start? "Err, it was good."

"Riiight," she drawled and I could've sworn I felt her rolling her eyes. "So? What happened?"

A smile unconsciously formed in my face. She knew me so much.