In My Dreams My Mind Roams Free

I fell asleep right when I got to my room. I had the weirdest dream about Garrick.

I was sitting under a tree like I had earlier that day. A saw a figure out the corner of my vision.

"I thought I would find you here." said the man. It took me a minute to realize it was Garrick.

"What do you want and how did you get into my dreams?" I asked. He was in my dreams, as if I didn't have enough problems when I was awake.

"I have my own powers that you do not know about. I have tried this before but it was never this easy. I guess you are really exhausted." said Garrick.

"You still have not told me why you are here." I told him. I already knew it might have something to do with our marriage.

"You are going to be attacked in the morning. If you would like to end the war before the death count gets too high, you will meet me in the woods at the same spot as you were at this morning."

"What if I don't come?"

"You do not want to find out," said Garrick. "Iva, I need to get going it is almost morning."

He moved closer to me and bent down to kiss me. I woke up screaming with a cold sweat. Kane came running into my room with a terrified look on his face.

"Lady Iva, are you ok? I heard you screaming and was worried someone was attacking you." said Kane.

"I'm fine. It was just a nightmare. What time is it?" I asked.

"Four AM. I was doing night patrol; I walked past your house and heard  you screaming. If you don't calm down you could have awaken your children." said Kane.

"I'm so sorry Kane. I just am really out of it." I started crying.

Kane came over and sat on the bed with me. "Iva, it is not just the war that is bugging you. I have never known you to break down like this. Is there anything I can do for me?"

"Will you please stay here with me? I need someone familiar to take my mind off of everything that is going on."

"Yes, of course, my lady." He took of his armor to reveal a comfy looking outfit under it. He climbed into bed with me and started rubbing my back. "Everything is going to be fine. You tend to always make the best choices."

If only he knew the choice I was going to make later that day maybe he would bite his tongue. Oh well I thought. I fell back asleep in his arms.   

Yeah short chapter, sorry. I'm trying to make one part a week. I have a robotics workshop in the morning and I am to busy to write any other time during my week. So a little romantic tension. Who do you think Lady Iva actually loves? Tell me in the comments.

~ASH