End of My Happiness

As expected the battle went ok. Thankfully,there were not any casualties. We, however, did have some injuries. Kane got stabbed in the hand and was getting it tended to but needed to rest. Ravi had got hit by an arrow so I did not need to worry about him following me into the woods later. Sienna had also been injured and Alec was tending to her needs. It was like Blood Valley had planned to only injure my guards so I could go to Garrick without being stopped.

The villagers who did not fight came back with herbs to help heal the wounded and to gather some of the village's valuables to put on the boat to keep safe during the war. I personally went walking around the village to make sure everyone was fine because this could be my last time seeing them before I left to become the Princess of Blood Valley. I walked around and checked on everyone until I had seen everyone.

Still having time until two, I went and found my favorite old willow tree. It was over 200 years old and was on top of a hill where I could see the entire village. I always came up here when I needed some time alone to think. So who am I going to give the responsibly of Lord to? Kane and Ravi could handle it but we needed someone who was fit to be a Lord not a guard. How am I going to tell Moa that Anderson, Abbi, and I where leaving for who knows how long? How will my guards take it that when they were injured I went and got forced into an arranged marriage?

At that point little Abbi came running up to me. Her dragon was following her.

"Mommy, why do you look so sad?" asked Abbi.

"Nothing, honey. Just everyone getting injured with war has put a heavy burden on me." I was not lying to my child, she would understand when she was older why I did what I was about to go do.

"Ormr and I made you a crown out of flowers." I assumed Ormr was the dragon's name. Abbi laid a crown of a bunch of twisted Lily of the Valley that was the ends were melted together. It went perfectly with the white dress with violet detailing that I was wearing. It was simple gestures like this that made me love adopted Abbi and Anderson.

"Let's bring you back to the house so you can clean yourself up, you got mud all over your dress." I picked her up and carried her back to the house where I sat her down. She ran off to get changed.

I went to nursery where Moa was reading Anderson a story before he fell asleep for his nap.

"Moa, thank you may I finish reading the story to him?" I asked as I walked over and kissed Anderson on the forehead.

"Yes of course,Lady Iva. He is your child after all." Moa said as she got up and left the room.

"So where was she in the story? So the prince went off to save his princess from the evil vampire who had kidnapped her..." I read to him until he was asleep and then I got up to leave.

It was around time to go see Garrick in the forest so I slipped out of the village without anyone noticing. I walked in long the side of the path until I came to a spot when I had to go into the forest alone.

"Goodbye life. Goodbye happiness." I mumbled to myself as I saw the hooded figure that was Garrick.

"Milady," he said bowing and kissing my hand, bending down while pulling a ring out from his pocket he asked," Lady Iva of Night Lily it would honor me if you married me, Prince Garrick Ophiuchus Ryuu Krall-Wang of Blood Valley, to form an alliance between the village's of Night Lily and Blood Valley."

"Yes, for the alliance I will marry you." He picked me up into his arms bridal style and kissed me. It was one of the worst experiences I had ever had no matter how good of a kisser he was.

"Now let's head back to your village to announce our engagement and that you and your family will be moving to Blood Valley. You will have to choose someone to take your place as the Lord of Night Lily. I hope you don't have too many goodbyes to say because I want to go announce the news to Blood Valley by tomorrow morning." He sat me down but continued to hold me to his side like I would try run away.

We started walking back into towards my village and I started falling apart in my mind.

"Honey, isn't it ironic that your crown is made of several Lily of the Valley's. It was like it was made for the union of our villages." He said pulling my long brunette hair out my face."That outfit complainants your violet eyes very well. That's when I snapped.

I started crying like a young child. Anderson had never cried as bad as I was right now.

"Hey, stop crying. You need to look like you are enjoying marrying me." He pulled out a handkerchief and wiped the tears out of my eyes." I could always call my troops back to attack your poor village and they don't have a leader now that you have agreed to marry me."

We were almost at the village gates.

Yeah so I had some many ideas of what to write for this chapter. I wrote this at 11:30 pm on a school night so, forgive any typos. This is a out early because of my hectic schedule of being way to busy.

~ASH