Entering Blood Valley

The ride to Blood Valley was surprisingly uneventful. Garrick took the children and I to his cabin. He left and spent the rest of the trip with the captain of the ship. Anderson slept for most of the trip. Abbi rested her head on my shoulder and drifted in and out of sleep. I thought about what I was getting myself into. How I was basically ruining my own life. I gradually started crying. Abbi woke up and hugged me. Of course she had not left Ormr behind and he was resting at our feet.

"Mommy, why are you crying?"Asked poor, little Abbi.

"Mommy is going through a hard time. I promise I'll explain to you when you are older." I told Abbi.

"Ok, mummy." With that she fell back to sleep on my shoulder. I drifted back into my thoughts and must have fallen asleep as well. When I awoke it was to Garrick shaking me.

"Get your sorry ass up.We need to go, I have a meeting." He complained at me. I was still cradling Anderson who was starting to awaken. Abbi was hiding behind my skirt. I picked her up and carried her with one arm and Anderson with the other. Ormr must have flown to the castle already. Garrick left us, probably headed to the meeting. I was left to find my own way to the castle. Considering it was massive, I didn't have a hard time finding it.

Walking through the city I couldn't help but admire the sheer beauty of it. I saw several families happily shopping in the marketplace. I also saw a few children helping their parents tend to their shops which were selling everything from jewelry to livestock. I got lots of strange looks considering I was dressed like a lord and they were expecting the fiancée of their future lord to be coming into town. I was a young female lord but I guess they were not expecting me to be raising two children. As we reached the castle gates I realized just how massive the palace actually was. I was greeted by a woman who looked to be around sixteenish .

"Hello, Lady Iva I'm guessing. This must be Anderson and Abbi. Would you like me to take them off your hands and go get them ready for the big announcement? Oh, and before I get carried away I'm Paige Dagmar McClain and I'm your head maid." said Paige. I found her really nice but way to enthusiastic for my current situation at hand. She probably was happily dating the man of her dreams and her family was probably together and happy.

"I would prefer for me to take my children. What do you mean by a big announcement?" I asked.

"Follow me I will show you the room Garrick and you will be sharing. Abbi's room is next door and Anderson's nursery is across the hall." I picked up my pace to keep up with her. Abbi was starting to get heavy in my arm but we were really close to her room where I could lay her down and let her sleep. "I suppose Garrick didn't tell you anything, he never does. Later tonight he will be announcing your engagement to him for the general public to know. We are pretty high up in status; if we were still ruled by monarchy then Lord Torvald and Lady Raine would be considered king and queen. Garrick and Lucifer would be princes. You are basically becoming a princess and future queen. We need to make sure the children and you look like royalty." I remember Lucifer saying that me marrying Garrick would make me a queen.

"You have natural beauty just lay the children in their rooms." I walked into Abbi's room which was almost as big as both of our old rooms combined. Ormr laid on a statue in the corner of the room sound asleep. I walked over to Abbi's massive queen sized bed and softly sat her onto her bed. Then I headed into Anderson's nursery and It was the same size as Abbi's room. His room had a forest feel to it. I went and sat him in his cradle. Then I walked into Garrick's and my room. There was a massive king sized bed. The entire room had the colour scheme of red, black, and white. It even had a walk in closet! It had an attached bathroom with a hot tub in it. There was a reading space on one side of the room with a balcony that had a great view of the entire city. There was a vanity pushed against one wall and it appeared to have every shade and type of make-up under the sun. I never liked wearing make-up, it always seemed to make me look like I was trying to impress someone.

There was a dress already picked out for me. It was a reveling, low cut, sleeveless dress. It was a light violet with and came down to the back ankles even though it came up higher than my knees in the front. It was way too formal for my taste with the sliver embellishment around the waist and chest areas. I refused to take of my necklace so Paige attempted to hide it with all the rest of the jewelry. I wore a diamond necklace with a pink crystal in the center. I also had on diamond dangle earrings that matched my necklace and a bracelet that had diamond flowers on it that matched the rest of my outfit. My engagement ring stood out because of the white diamonds surrounding the massive, black, central diamond. All the make-up matched the light purple, pink theme of my outfit. I also wore my hair pulled back in a formal braid with a crown of flowers on my head.

Little Abbi walked into my room as Paige had almost finished my make-up. She was wearing the cutest sundress that was the same colour as mine. It had a massive flower on the side of it and glitter all over it. She had pearl earrings, necklace, and bracelet on. She had her hair braided into pig tails and had a crown that matched mine. She had a little bit of eye shadow, blush, and lipstick on but not a lot. She was adorable.

A woman walked in carrying Anderson who they had somehow managed to get a little suit on. Even Moa and I couldn't get him into a suit. He had a violet flower pinned into his pocket. He didn't appear to be too happy about what they were making him wear but when they handed him to be he appeared to become a little bit happier. Then Garrick walked into the room.

He was already wearing a tux and walked over and kissed me on my check. "Are you ready for our big announcement, my love? You look beautiful." He asked me. He sounded so truthful I almost believed him but he could never make me believe that he ever truly loved me.

"As ready as I will ever be, my prince." Carrying Anderson with Abbi holding my hand we headed towards where we were going to make our announcement.

Yeah I'm on break and at my grandparents where I have an actual computer to write on. I would not be surprised if I posted a new chapter tomorrow. I have way to much free time. I hope you enjoying the new chapter of my story. So far I have roughly drafted how the plot is going to progress so be expecting at least twenty five more chapters before I finish the book. I hope to be finished before summer 2016 which is giving me more time than I should need however with my schedule and testing I will probably cutting that close. Depends on how much I end up writing on winter break with Zealdathon Hope and all the other charity livestreams I love watching.

~ASH