CH2- New Home

"WELL?" the creature demands. You were now shaking all over. If you didn't reply with a decent answer, this thing was going to kill you. And no one would know.

"Y-You wanna know the truth?" you stammer in reply.

"Well yes, that's what I was hoping for-"

"T-the truth is..." 

As you desperately search for an answer, your gaze suddenly falls upon the lamp still standing on your bedside table. If you were to chuck it at the thing, would it react? It could be worth it; you could escape. 

The triangular creature then sighs. "And don't try to think about throwing that light source at me. It's not a good idea." 

Your eyes widen with fear- that was your final plan blown.

"So are you going to answer my question or not you clod!"

"Look, I just thought that green rock on your head looked nice! It was on the beach and I thought it was nice, so I picked it up okay? Now can you please...lower that thing?" you gesture with a nod at the energy ball crackling above its fingers. Surprisingly, the creature obeyed your command and lowered its arm.

"So I am in this chamber simply because you thought my real form looked...attractive?" the creature tilts it's head in confusion.

"Nonono!- Wait, your real form? What does that mea-?"

"GAH! No questions!" The triangular creature then lunges forwards and makes a firm grip on your arm, "You're coming back with me!"

You struggle to release your arm from under its grasp. "What are you on about? There's no way I'm coming back with an alien!"

"Hah, is that what you call us? Aliens?"  the creature snickers, "How pleasing."

"Well- it's what you are! Now let me...GO!" 

And with one final push, you somehow manage to fall back from the creature's grasp with a thud. You were free. 

Knowing your only plan, you scramble up from the floor and head straight for the door, quickly opening it before rushing down the stairs. You couldn't tell if the creature was running after you so you just kept going down the stairs until you reached the ground floor.

Just before you're about to make a run out of the front door, the air around you begins to fuzz. Before you know it, you've been somehow transported into a bright white room.

"Gahh..." you mumble under your breath as you hold up your hand to shield your eyes from the light, "What the heck is this place?"

"I'm glad you asked!" a voice replies from the other side of the room.

You squint your eyes to try and see who spoke to you. Blinking back the haze, you can just about make out the familiar triangular head of your kidnapper. 

"This is my ship! Well- it's not necessarily mine, but that's not relevant right now. To calculate this properly, you're my prisoner and I'm taking you back to my home planet to do some...experiments on you."

"Experiments?" your voice cracks.

"Yes, experiments."

You struggle to find words for a moment; you're too shocked at this news to think of what to say. "Uhh- there's no need for experiments, I assure you..." you plead, "I-I'm not as worthy as you think!"

"Pfft. Your excuses are amusing to me, human." The creature then walks into view, revealing it's small smirk and crossed arms. "The thought of letting you go did actually cross my mind... before your little escaping stunt!"

"I'm sorry!" you whimper, "Just please...please just let me return home. I didn't mean to cause you any harm or to show any signs of conflict." 

You could feel your eyes start to swell with tears as you spoke, your body trembling with fear. You feel as if you're beginning to believe the Fryman and the Pizza guy about the floating hand in the sky.

The creature releases a loud cackle. "What did I tell you before? Quit with the excuses!" It then moves over to you, its loud boots clacking against the polished floor. It abruptly grabs the sleeve of your shirt and pulls you to your feet. "As I can clearly see you're going to be staying for a while, you may call me Peridot." 

You nod quickly in reply, not daring to move your body. "Are you the only one on this ship...Peridot?"

"It appears to be so," it replies, "But Jasper should be back soon so, in the meantime, I'll place you in your cell."

"My what?"

"You heard me," Peridot repeats, "Your cell."