CH11- Almost There

You were taken by surprise as Peridot dragged you out of the closet without prior warning, dragging you hurriedly along the hallway and through the archway at the end. Once through the arch, you both met with another winding hall, the walls of the new hallway a reflective pale green in which gave off a polished vibe to the place. It was different from the rooms and halls back on the ship, it felt like a palace, a place of authority. The ship on the other hand just felt like a ship. A ship with aliens.

The new corridor was pretty much empty as Peridot dragged you along it. You could hear the low, distant sound of mumbling, most likely from another room, but asides from that, the two of you were alone. It was almost too good to be true. 

The pair of you smoothly managed to make it to the end of the hall, where you approached a large set of doors with an access panel beside it. You studied Peridot closely as she cautiously looked around before placing her hand on the access panel. But to your surprise, the screen flashed red in decline.

"What in Homeworld...?" Peridot stood back from the screen, her head slightly cocked in confusion. "This cloddy device is supposed to let me in!" You could detect the anger rising in her voice, so you decided to place a comforting hand on her shoulder. Peridot almost immediately shrugs your gesture off.

"Peridot," you begin, voice sounding careful and hushed, "Don't get irrational. Think about this. Is it because you don't have your... limb things maybe?"

Peridot pauses. "My...limb enhancers?" She then turns around to you in distant thought, thinking carefully about what you had just said. After a moment's silence, she meets your gaze abruptly with wide eyes. "Of corse! Of corse, it's my cloddy limb enhancers!"

Peridot turns back to the panel excitedly, using her hands to carefully pull up the access panel to reveal a bunch of tangled wires of different colours. You hoped whatever Peridot was going to do was going to be fast. You couldn't help but worry that someone might catch you both in the act if you weren't quick enough.

"Can we hurry this up?" You whisper to Peridot after a couple of minutes had passed. Peridot was still hung over the panel, trying to get the door to open. 

"I'm going as fast as I can!" She hisses back to you, not even making eye contact.

You decide to look around again to make sure the coast stayed clear. Which it was; no gems to be seen along the winding hall. However, you could hear the same utter of low conversation from earlier, but this time, they sounded closer. Louder.

"Bingo!"

Your head whips back around to find that Peridot had somehow managed to rearrange the wires, making the large, awaiting doors before you slide open. The doors revealed yet another corridor, to no surprise, but this time, the corridor was a lot brighter. 

The light was like the type you would find in a hospital, scary and unnerving. And the towering hieroglyphs of strange women on the walls of the hallway were not exactly helping to ease the nerves either. However, the most challenging part lay at the end of the corridor. There, at the end of the hall, were another set of grand-looking doors, guarded by two muscular, purple soldiers.

You and Peridot froze as you both made direct eye contact with the guards. You both held your breath, hoping that for whatever reason it would make you invisible to the guards. But being under the intensive, hard gaze of both the soldiers was enough to give you both away.

"State your purpose" one of them demands after a moment of silence. They don't break eye contact with you and Peridot.

Your mind had gone blank. You knew something like this was going to happen; the plan was going all too perfectly. You hadn't prepared for a situation like this so you were fully dependant on Peridot now, which made you feel slightly nauseous. You had just hoped she had a plan up her sleeve. She was smart. Surely she had figured a way out of this situation?