A Short Walking Distance: Chap. 3

Chapter 3:

It was finally Friday. The week had gone by slowly thanks to big writing essay Ms. Howey gave us.

In first period my phone began to vibrate on my lap, I looked at it and it was from Ken.

'I'm throwing a party tonight. You are coming?’

The last time Ken threw a party it didn't end to well. His parents came home while everyone already had enough alcohol to the point where people where passed out everywhere. I couldn't go to Ken's house for the next couple of weeks.

'Are your parents going to be there?'

I waited a couple of seconds before it vibrated again. 'No.'

'You sure they're not going to walk in again, like for sure?'

'For sure. They are going out of town for the weekend for their anniversary.'

Right when I was going to send my reply Mrs. Smith had her hand out stretched towards me. I handed it to her and she quickly snatched it out of my hand. She walked towards her desk, "Miss. Evans, you may pick this up after class.' I sighed.

I slouched in my chair and waited for the bell to ring.

**

At the end of the day me and Ken were walking to his car, we were talking about his party tonight and what kind of drinks he is going to have(as in alcohol). As he was listing all the drinks, I looked up and I saw Austin leaning against Ken's car. When we walked up Austin grabbed my wrist and started to pull me along with him.

"What the hell?" Ken said with a confused tone.

"I will be right back!" I yelled to him.

Austin didn’t stop walking till we were alone in a corner of the parking lot.

He gave me one of his unreadable expressions and stared hard into my eyes. His stunning hazel eyes, sparkling in the sun light, it makes me feel numb all over. His grip on my wrist was tight, his face was close to mine and I could feel his warm breath lingering on my face, sent chills down my spine.

"What are you wearing to the party?"

"Um...?"

He waited still giving me the same expression. It confused me though. Since when did he care what I where to parties?

"Are you going to answer me?"

I looked at him, confused for a couple of seconds.

"Um...I haven't decided yet?"

He just kept starring at me. His hazel eyes were pouring into me.

"Ok."

He let go of my wrist and took a step back, I felt off balance when he backed away.

"Don't wear something that shows too much skin."

He said it as a command not a question. I gave him a cold glare, so he walked away.

**

As we were driving to my house Ken asked, "So what the hell was that all about, you and my brother at school earlier?"

"He told me to wear something that didn't show to much skin, it wa kind of weird."

"Kind of? More like supper creepy there Noh!"

"Yeah but what ever."

"Ok."

He pulled up to his house and I got out of his car and shouted 'See you later' over my shoulder to Ken.

**

I went up stairs to my room to choose the outfit I was going to wear to the party tonight. I was down to a purple dress or a pair of short light, wash denim shorts and a black razor back tank-top. I looked at them trying to decide when a heard random taps on my window.

I walked over to see Austin throwing little pebbles at my window from his room. I opened my window and just stared at him.

He broke the silence by throwing a pebble at me. "Ouch! Jerk!" He laughed at me.

I gave him a cold glare and he just gave me that smirk of his, it annoyed me so much.

"What are you wearing to the party?"

"Why do you care?"

His face changed expressions, but I couldn't read that one either.

"Just tell me."

"I’m stuck between two outfits."

"Show me them." I looked at him confused then he moved his hands as in telling me to go get them. I walked over to my bed and grabbed the purple dress, when I showed him it his eyebrows creased together and his eyes were scanning the dress.

"No, show me the other one." I huffed and walked back over to my bed and grabbed the tank-top and shorts. It didn't even take him long before he shook his head. Then he smirked at me. I rolled my eyes and dropped my blinds. I slipped the outfit on and then lifted up my blinds. He smirked.

"Good enough." He stared but I ignored it and closed my window.

**

I hopped into the shower after putting my IPod in a dock on the counter. I blasted it since it was playing 'Sweet Child O' Mine' by Guns and Roses. I stared singing along,

"She's got a smile that it seems to me"

                                                                                    "Reminds me of childhood memories"                          

"Where everything' was as fresh as the bright blue sky"

The steam was flooding out of the shower. The hot water felt so good when it dropped down on me. I took as long as I possibly could.

**

After drying off, I started to put some make-up on. I grabbed my black eye-liner and put it professionally on. I decide on silver eye shadow. My mascara made my eye-lashes long and thick.

I stood in front of the mirror kind of disappointed in my outfit, a black razor back tank top that hung a little low and was baggy in the front, and a short pair of light, wash denim shorts that had a non-artificial hole in the back. I just grabbed my black converse since heels were a bit to fancy for this outfit.

The party started at 8 and it was 7:45, just enough time to straighten my hair.

I sat at my desk by the mirror where my straightner was heating up. My hair was a mess, I brushed my hair but it just frizzed out. I quickly straightened my hair and grabbed my pastel pink lip-gloss and headed over to Ken's for the party.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Hey! :) Sorry for the late update but, I was gone for a bit and couldn't write. So this was a quick one and I hope you like it. :D

Please vote and comment! :D

Toodles :)

P.S. the song for this chapie is 'Tonight Tonight' by the Hot Chelle Rae :)

(this chapie is not edited)