A Short Walking Distance: Chap. 5

Chapter 5:

"Oh. My. God. Ken!" I shot up off the bed.

"What?"

I threw my confused brain in my hands, my long brown hair hanging down to my elbows, thinking to myself Why the hell was I just making-out with Ken, my best friend.

Saying to myself quietly, "Shit."

He snapped back quickly, "What was that?"

"Ken! Do you not know what just happened? Is it not a big deal to you? We were just kissing!"

With a snap back, he answered again, "Yeah, so?"

I looked up at him with a stern face. “‘Yeah, so' that’s all you have to say! Seriously Ken! Did you drink that much?"

"No, I didn't drink at all."

If he is not drunk, why the hell did he kiss me? I asked myself.

"Ok, so since you are not drunk and I am pretty sober now. This was just an accident. Right? Do you want to act like this didn't happen? Do you want to talk about it? Should we just go down stairs?"

I waited for his reply as he stood there for a while, just staring at me. His eyes were blank, he showed no, expression. I couldn't tell what he was thinking. This doesn't really happen between us, we usually always know what one is thinking or what the other is about to say. He looked as if he was going to say something as he took a couple of steps towards me. Before he could say a word, I put my hands up in front of my chest, to give him the signal to stop. I took a couple of steps to the side; I didn't want him near me at this moment. I put my hands down and looked him straight in his eyes, trying to get any emotion out of him. His look was just blank, I didn't understand.

**

So here we are standing in the middle of his pig-sty that he calls his bedroom, just staring at each other. Neither he nor I said a word. I am nervous and part of me doesn't want to know what he was thinking.

I opened my mouth to say something but I see that someone is standing at the door. I made out, the figure it's Austin.

I think this is the first time Austin barged in and I felt happy about it.

Ken didn't move. I began to step back from Ken but, I hit his bed. I fell back and landed on his bed, my straightened brown hair now all over my face.

I heard Austin chuckle a little, I looked over at him pushing all my hair out of my face. I spit my tongue out at him and he did it back. I looked up at Ken who was still in the same place, and still without expression.

I got up and walked over to Austin.

"What’s up with him?"

"Um, nothing. It's just a thing."

"Ok? What type of thing exactly?"

"Nothing!" I attempted to push him out the door, he didn't budge.

"Fine." He sighed and backed out of the room. Before I went to grab the door handle, he grabbed my hips and pulled me out.

"Let me go!" He shushed me and reached forward to close Ken's bedroom door. Ken was still standing there by his bed, he didn't even turn around.

"What’s going on?"

"Nothing, why do you care?"

He looked at me with the same exact blank look Ken was giving me in his room.

"Jeeze. What is up with you two and that look?"

His blank look went away suddenly when he smirked at me.