A Short Walking Distance

Chapter 1:

"Crap!"

Its 7:44, school starts at 8.

I literally flew out of my bed, grabbed my beat up phone, and started running into my bathroom in my ‘Hello Kitty’ boxer shorts and a wrinkled white tank top.

I got into the bathroom, "Oh my gosh." I looked like crap, with my hair in a giant knot and my forgotten about make-up was smeared across my face.

I turned to see my mom standing at the door, her steaming cup of black coffee in her yellow mug sat in her hand, her long black hair a bit of a mess and the shaggy pink robe hanging on her. She gave me a small smile.

"Hm..." she said with a dubious tone.

 "What?"

With a laugh she stuttered, "I love the new look Elanohr."

"Oh I know, I was thinking 'bout going to school like this." Posing, with one hand on my head and the other on my hip.

She laughed, "I will write you a note." she smirked and walked away.

I turned around and twisted the shower knob on hot. I took my shirt off and my boxers. I jumped into the shower and I didn't mind taking up time. It felt so good.

With the hot water dripping down my chest and legs, I started singing 'I Just Wanna Run' by The Downtown Fiction.

I hopped out of the shower. The clock says 8:27, but my mom didn’t care. My grades were good and I don’t get into trouble at school, so she could care less about how long it takes me to get ready.

I rapped the towel around me tightly so it wouldn’t slip off. The mirror was all fogged up from the warm steam of the shower so I rubbed my hand in a circle; enough fog cleared that I could at least see my face. I plugged in my electric blue ‘Conair’ blow-dryer.

All I could hear was the loud roaring in my ears from blow-drying my hair, I looked down to check my phone, Ken texted me.

Ken is my best friend; we have everything in common, from our music style to eye color. He truly is my other half. He also happens to live in the house right next to me.

He sent me 'Hey Noh. :) are you coming to school?'

I replied 'Yeah, I'm just going to be a little late. :)'

He texted me back a couple of short seconds later, 'Ok, see you then! :)'

I unplugged my blow-dryer and grabbed my pajamas off the counter; I hung my towel on the shower rail. I stuck my head outside the door to see if anyone was around, no one is there. I dashed down to the end of the hallway; it is definitely not a short hallway. With nothing except for the pajamas in my hand, I slid into my room; a little damp I shut my bedroom door behind me.

I dropped my pajamas in the clear plastic dirty clothes bin and went over to my dresser; I look up through the big open window above my dresser and looked at Ken's house, his older brother Austin's window happened to be straight across from mine. I noticed I wasn't the only one still home; Austin was standing at his window staring and smirking at me.

Austin is so incredibly sexy, his pale skin, long black hair that just grazed the top of his glowing hazel eyes. He is tall, and on the football team. He’s no quarterback but still every girl in the school would seriously kill to date him, or even just a fling.

I stared at him for a little and then came back down to earth with a big thud when I remembered; I had no clothes on...

Crap! I hope he didn’t see anything.

I quickly swung my arm around my breasts to cover up as much as I can at the moment. I stretched my arm out slowly and carefully to open my window, he opened his too.

"What the hell are you still doing home Austin?" I snapped at him bitterly.

"Just enjoying the view," he winked at me and had his famous smirk on his face, "why are you still here?" he questioned.

He did see... Damn!

I blushed, "Shut-up, I woke up late." I snapped at him again. He laughed, his eyes cringing at the sides.

I sighed, "Good-bye Austin." I started to close my window when he said. "Wait,"

"What?" I moaned.

Willingly he retorted, "They are nice." He winked at me and shut his window before I could give him a rude snappy response.

I closed mine and thought to myself Austin Holt thinks I have nice boobs? I shook my head and laughed to myself.

I bent over still having my arm around my breasts; I opened up a couple of drawers and gathered up some clothes. I grabbed my short dark wash denim shorts, the pockets has a pattern of sequins in the shape of a cross, they also hug my butt. My shirt is a 2007 'My Chemical Romance' concert t-shirt that hung a little on my shoulders, the sleeves are a quarter length. I quickly put it on and then sat down at my metal desk which has a huge mirror nailed to my wall in front of it and started putting my jet black eyeliner on the top and bottom of my eyes and then added some mascara. Even though it’s not much make-up, it makes my dark blue eyes pop.

My stomach growled, I grabbed my musty gray shoulder bag and rushed down stairs.

**

When I got down the stairs and into the cottage like kitchen, I walked over to the white pantry door and swung it open. I literally dove for the 'Captain Crunch' cereal box; I walked over to the table where my mom had already set up my bowl, spoon, and milk on top of the dark brown place mats.

When I began to eat, my kid brother Jimmy walked in, "Gross." He said bluntly. His expression looked as if he just saw something absolutely horrid and disgusting.

"Shut up, Jimmy."

He stuck his tongue out at me and sat on the couch; he grabbed the PS3 remote off the wooden coffee table and turned it on.

**

I finished my cereal and yelled, "Mom I'm ready to go, and I’m going to sit in the car!” I walked into the simple laundry room and grabbed the car keys off the washer. I opened the bulky garage door and walked over to the car, the car is a faded red Chevy truck. I don’t know what year it is; all I know is that it is way older then me. The passenger door was the most frustrating thing to open because you had to punch the side of the door handle to get it to budge. My mom needs to get a new freaking car. I sat in the passenger seat and put the keys into the ignition to start the radio, I turned it up when I heard 'The Middle' by Jason Eat World.

While I am totally rocking out in the car, my mom finally is ready to leave. She isn't much of a morning person, all she liked about it was the coffee and food but, she is always ready to get up and go, since she was kind of forced anyway.

We were finally pulling out of the musky garage. I looked out my window to see, so is Austin on his dark maroon ‘Suzuki’ motor bike.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hey! This is my first update bookie thing so please comment what you think about it and vote! :)

I hope you enjoyed the start of A Short Walking Distance!

:D Toodles

p.s. don't forget to vote and comment please:))))and I am taking suggestions:)and I will be adding songs that go along with a few chapters but their wont be one for each:) Also, I will be editing after I publish so it will be different if you read it again most likely... :) (this one is now edited)