A Short Walking Distance: Chap. 8

I’m back! It is so great to be updating on Wattpad once again. Thanks for the reads so far guys. Can’t wait to see how many this chapter gets!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------RECAP----------------------------------------------------

She turned around before walking down the hall way. “Night.” She yawned.

“Night.”

She turned and walked down the hallway.

I could hear her heavy footsteps on the dark hardwood floors then a door was quietly closed.

I trotted over to my bed and stripped out of my white v-neck and dark blue skinny jeans into my boxers. I flicked my light switch and slipped into my cozy warm bed.

Finally some rest. Tomorrow will be a stressful day.

I sighed, closed my heavy eyes, and dozed off.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 8:

---------------------------------------------Elanohr’s P.O.V-------------------------------------------

I woke up to a light creeping through the shades of the window. My brown hair tangled in my face, my small hands sweep it off as my eyes lay upon the clock.

It reads 12:47pm.

I leaned over to grab my phone off the dark wood bed side table. Once I touched it, it vibrated.

I lifted it to my face to see it was Ken.

“Are you up yet? There is breakfast downstairs.”

It shocked me I was up after Ken. I usually have to wake him up, not the other way around.

In shock I texted back, “Whoa you are up?!”

Instantly he texted back, “Yeah couldn’t sleep.”

It all rushed back then.

--------------------------------------------That Night---------------------------------------------------

He pulled me into a hug. I hugged him back. After a couple of seconds I backed away.

He pulled his hands away but held my eyes.

His expression wasn't blank but I couldn't read it. He put one hand behind his head. He looked at the floor then me.

"Noh, I think I'm in love with you."

 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My head pulsing with a thrashing headache, I fell back against the pillows and sunk. Everything suddenly smacked me across the face with reality.

“Seriously?” I whispered to myself.

I looked up at the bleach white ceiling. A metal fan hung in the middle slowly turning as if mimicking my stomach. I closed my eyes and faced the facts. I have to go down stairs and talk to him.

** 

Every step seemed further and further away. I wobbled down the stairs feeling as if jumping down would be a better choice. I reached half way and sat down.

My face in my palms, I heard soft footsteps from the hallway upstairs getting louder with each thud. I looked up to see Austin standing there with a smirk on his face.

“Party Hardy huh?” A hint of laughter in his voice.

I attempted to get up and scold him. I grabbed the railing; hands suddenly were gripping my waist lifting me quickly to my feet. When I was balanced I turned around to see Austin behind me. Our eyes met for an instant then he looked away, walking down the stairs.

**

I sat at the counter of the modern kitchen. The dark granite counters shown with the silver appliances. Dark wood cabinets being opened and closed as Austin was looking through them.

Ken sat next to me at the counter inhaling his donuts like there was no tomorrow. I took a bite out of my circle donut with white and chocolate frosting.

I looked over to see Ken’s plate empty of the three donuts, his hands now holding a glass of milk. I giggled knowing how much of a pig Ken is.

He set his glass down and looked at me with a milk mustache.

“Got Milk?” I smiled.

He laughed while ribbing the back of his hand across his face.

I stopped smiling and cleared my throat. He looked at me instantly.

My eyes drifted down to the counter. “Last night.”

As soon as I said that Austin dashed out of the room with his bowl of Captain Crunch.

He sighed and I saw his chair turning towards me.

“About that, I can finally tell you something.”

My heart sped up and I nervously looked up.

“Don’t hate me ok?” he whispered almost to himself.

I looked him in the eyes and gave him a small smile. I wouldn’t loose my best friend because of this.

“Ok, so I told you I loved you right?’

“Yeah, 100% sure.” I said looking at him confused.

“Well, it was a bet. I don’t really love you Noh.”

For some reason, it felt as if I got punched in the chest. I lost my breath and I wish I knew why.

Did I want him to love me?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ 

So does Elanohr want Ken to love her? Comment what you think will happen!

Did you guys like it though? Please do! Don’t forget to VOTE!

I love you! Thanks so much for reading. (370 reads is when I will update next)

Toodles! xx